Kadi Sissoko enters the transfer portal

Kadi Sissoko, starting for Southern Cal, posted 14 points and 2 rebounds in 28 minutes versus Idaho State (a 75-42 win) and 15 points with 4 rebounds versus CSU Bakersfield (an 86-41 win). Kadi is 3-3 from three thus far.

Kadi Sissoko is having a productive early season for USC (against easy teams). Happy for Sissoko. So far this season:

17.4 points per game.

.644 field goal shooting percentage.

6.2 rebounds per game.

Last year at Minnesota:

• Averaged 10.8 points, 5.7 rebounds and 1.4 assists per game
• Led team in every rebounding category, highlighted by her 70 offensive rebounds (2.1 per game)
• Averaged 17.3 points and 8.5 rebounds per game in her final six games of the season
• Registered four double-doubles
• Posted three games with at least 20 points, including a 32-point career-high performance against Penn State (Feb. 27) where she also added 14 rebounds
• Posted a career-high nine offensive rebounds against Syracuse (Nov. 21) at the Battle 4 Atlantis, finishing with 13 total rebounds and 23 points
• Also recorded a double-double with 18 points and 10 rebounds in the 2022 Big Ten Tournament against Northwestern
• Helped Minnesota advance in the 2022 WNIT with 18 points and 14 rebounds at Green Bay (March 17)
• Had a career-high eight assists vs. Wisconsin (Jan. 12)

She was a good player for Minnesota not exactly fitting any position but really good overall.

Kadi Sissoko missed Sunday's Southern Cal game against UCLA with an injury:

The rivals clashed at Pauley Pavilion where a sea of blue was dotted with specks of the Trojan family. Yet, the passionate UCLA fanbase was the least of USC’s concerns. USC’s standout player so far this year, graduate forward Kadi Sissoko, was out with a leg injury, putting pressure on the team for someone to step up in her absence.

I checked on her stats today after watching Alexia Smith play for Virginia today against ND. Smith n Powell r averaging just over 5 PG, Scalia 9 PG and Kadi is just over 15 PG. Smith gave me flashbacks today when she missed a couple of routine lay ups. Always seemed she could get 2 the rim but not finish consistently

And I seem to recall that Smith was a 4-star recruit. Of all the transfers, Kadi had the highest potential, at least athletically, but I often thought she underachieved here. Always seemed to be in foul trouble. But she did finish strong here last year.

Kadi Sissoko returned to action this weekend after being out with a knee injury since the beginning of the year. USC made the Washington trip with wins at Washington State 51-44 (Kadi had 19 points and 4 rebounds in 37 minutes) and Washington 63-54 in OT (Kadi with 15 points and 7 rebounds in 44 minutes).

Looks like Kadi is heading for the WNBA
Sonya Morris must be declaring just so she doesn't have to lose to HVL again

Congratulations to Kadi, but sadly, third round picks rarely survive past training camp.

As of now, Kadi is listed on the Mercury's 12 player roster. I haven't seen anything official

Her team the Phoenix Mercury opens the season Friday against LA Sparks. Looks like she made it.

What is surreal is Dianna Taurasi still plays for Phoenix. Didn't she enter the league when Eisenhower was president? Just joking. She will be 41 in a few weeks. A blast from the past is the present.

Kadi was one of the 15 to make a roster. Cool

Just 15 of the 36 selections from the 2023 WNBA Draft appear on opening day rosters, a sign of the league’s roster squeeze.

[...]

• First round
    • 1. Aliyah Boston, Indiana Fever
    • 2. Diamond Miller, Minnesota Lynx
    • 3. Maddy Siegrist, Dallas Wings
    • 5. Lou Lopez Sénéchal, Dallas Wings
    • 6. Haley Jones, Atlanta Dream
    • 7. Grace Berger, Indiana Fever
    • 8. Laeticia Amihere, Atlanta Dream
    • 9. Jordan Horston, Seattle Storm
    • 10. Zia Cooke, Los Angeles Sparks
  • Second round
    • 15. Leigha Brown, Atlanta Dream
    • 16. Dorka Juhász, Minnesota Lynx
    • 19. Ashley Joens, Dallas Wings
    • 21. Dulcy Fankam Mendjiadeu, Seattle Storm
  • Third round
    • 25. Victaria Saxton, Indiana Fever
    • 29. Kadi Sissoko, Phoenix Mercury

Sissoko now in the game for the Mercury against the Lynx,.

I’m still baffled that she made the league.
I can certainly understand seeing the potential based on her raw ability but she doesn't seem to consistently use it effectively. Maybe hoping she develops into a defensive stopper?

Kadi Sissoko has elite athletic ability. That's why she is in the WNBA. She would have never been drafted if she would have stayed here with our clueless coaching staff.

Top Bottom