KAAL: Marcus Sherels Returns Home to Encourage Students to Read

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per KAAL:

It was an exciting day for students in Rochester. At Churchill and Hoover Elementary Schools, the Read-a-thon started Monday, bringing a new challenge and special guest.

Students had the chance to meet Minnesota Viking Cornerback Marcus Sherels. Sherels grew up in Rochester and is coming back to help with the Read-a-thon. He's encouraging kids to read and help raise money for an enrichment fund, which has a primary goal of building an outdoor classroom. The winning class has a chance to play kickball against a pro.

"Playing against me in kickball, which will be just as fun for me," said Sherels. "I gotta come ready and warmed up, stretched and everything."

http://www.kaaltv.com/article/stories/s3757674.shtml

Go Gophers!!

I live in Rochester, and MS has been very active in the community lately, especially with youth organizations. Great to see.

Gotta love the story he has made for himself. Not the most talented athlete in the world but he has produced a nice little NFL career with hard work and a willingness to do whatever it takes. Impressive young man, indeed.

Top Bottom