Juwan Howard

Never let the facts get in the way of a good 8-page rant.
Most fans use the board to express opinions or humor and it naturally comes with a heavy bias. Fan bases that are neutral will put nearly all blame on Howard. Gard's mistake is not letting HOWARD DO THE BLOW BY. The losing coach is the one doing the blow by quite often. I have no problem with both coaches coaching their team to the end.

Most fans use the board to express opinions or humor and it naturally comes with a heavy bias. Fan bases that are neutral will put nearly all blame on Howard. Gard's mistake is not letting HOWARD DO THE BLOW BY. The losing coach is the one doing the blow by quite often. I have no problem with both coaches coaching their team to the end.

Gee, thanks for the lecture. I've heard enough of your pontification for one lifetime.

And, against my better judgement, I'm going to ask you a question:

Do you think Gard would've been content to do the blow-by if Howard had kept his mouth shut about what he will and won't remember?

Be honest. Remember, Tony Bennett is watching.

IMO Juwan Howard was wrong, it is that simple.

Absolutely. Odd to try to blame WI in this case.

The idiotic unwritten rules in sports....when you can press, when you can call timeout, when you can steal, when you can swing 3-0.....on and on. Juwan's attempts to "protect" himself or his players led to a much more dangerous situation than if he had been an adult to begin with. Clearly based on a recurring history this is a challenge for him. It's fortunate a few drunken fans didn't get involved and then you have a much bigger problem. All over a bleeping time-out.

Absolutely. Odd to try to blame WI in this case.

The idiotic unwritten rules in sports....when you can press, when you can call timeout, when you can steal, when you can swing 3-0.....on and on. Juwan's attempts to "protect" himself or his players led to a much more dangerous situation than if he had been an adult to begin with. Clearly based on a recurring history this is a challenge for him. It's fortunate a few drunken fans didn't get involved and then you have a much bigger problem. All over a bleeping time-out.
This.

My take, and I'm fine if no one agrees with it...

Up until the point where Howard swung there was nothing that warranted a suspension. Both teams likely would have gotten call from the commissioner asking them to cool it, and that would have been that. After Howard swung all hell broke loose. Now, I'm not saying Wisconsin is faultless but if Howard doesn't swing the B1G has no decisions to make on who to sit and for how long.

Up until the point where Howard swung there was nothing that warranted a suspension. Both teams likely would have gotten call from the commissioner asking them to cool it, and that would have been that. After Howard swung all hell broke loose. Now, I'm not saying Wisconsin is faultless but if Howard doesn't swing the B1G has no decisions to make on who to sit and for how long.
Yep, it was just tempers flaring after a game up to the point when Howard took the swing. The first part happens all the time, there is some arguing and posturing then the teams go their separate ways and everyone calms down.

That is why I don't see Gard getting in trouble for what he did, because that was nothing out of the ordinary. It was the ahole Wisconsin assistant and then Howard that caused things to get out of hand.

No surprise here,
This is just an extension of the world we live in. No one is held accountable for anything.
I disagree with this, but a slap on the hand is all anyone will get.
1st offense or 5th one ,will give them one more chance, total BS
HOWARD SHOULD BE FIRED,BUT WONT BE.

I can't see the video very well, but it looked to me that before the swing, Howard grabbed Gaards sweater at the chest and twisted it the way people used to do when they got in fights. If so, that to me was the beginning of the despicable behavior. Take a look and see if you can see what I'm talking about. No one has mentioned this yet.

Just watched a different angle video. At the end you see a lot of Brad Davison.
There has just been a bench clearing brawl involving the head coaches and assistants. Cooler heads are trying to de escalate the situation. The Badgers are at half court and the Wolverines are at the baseline being asked to leave. The situation has been calmed down.
At that time, Davison is trying to get his teammates to go over in front of the Wolverines and sing their school song.
Douche move. Very punchable.

You understand 95% of this thread is in jest, right? You’re better off sticking with the knuckle draggers on Buckyville.
umm..........sure.

I definitely think some of it is, but it isn't anywhere near 95%.

Listen, I've been reading this board since that guy pressed a fake chair leg into some fake dude's eyesocket.

I know what goes on around here.

Howard grabbed Gaards sweater at the chest and twisted it the way people used to do when they got in fights. If so, that to me was the beginning of the despicable behavior. Take a look and see if you can see what I'm talking about. No one has mentioned this yet.

I'll take some credit for mentioning it this morning in a post
It was upon the cursing that Gard grabbed Howard's arm I assume to tell him why he called the timeout and Howard was having none of it. Howard then grabbed Gard by the shirt with a double fist clinch and started swearing even more at him.

It’s usually benchwarmers in the game with 15 seconds left when up by 14. I’ll ask this: how many times have you seen a coach call timeout up 14 with 15 seconds left vs how many times have you seen a team voluntarily take a shot clock/10 second violation in the same situation? I guarantee you’ve seen the latter far more often. Gard’s excuse is a bunch of nonsense.
As I said in my earlier comment — Howard is by far the main issue here. He should be suspended for the rest of the regular season at minimum. What he did was wrong, and there is no way around that.

But to just take Gard’s excuse at face value is pretty naive. He made a choice to escalate it.

Juwan Howard was the main bad actor here, no doubt. However that doesn’t mean that no one else contributed to this escalating far beyond what it should have.

Gee, thanks for the lecture. I've heard enough of your pontification for one lifetime.

And, against my better judgement, I'm going to ask you a question:

Do you think Gard would've been content to do the blow-by if Howard had kept his mouth shut about what he will and won't remember?

Be honest. Remember, Tony Bennett is watching.
TB is not watching, good try at some sort of putdown. Not sure what Gard would do . Just hoped he would have let it go. Still feel as though Howard was the problem. Sorry you felt it it was a lecture. Merely a opinion.

I think this whole thing is hilarious 😂, maybe I have a twisted sense of humor but really there was no damage done just some adults making a few bad decisions. Imagine if Howard wasn't restrained and would have went through the Wisconsin bench like a windmill.

Top Bottom