Justin Gaard on KFAN

Feels like I'm sticking up for them when I'm not but they are just not as talented as Illinois, Iowa, Ohio St, and Michigan. They're right at the level of Purdue so not surprising they lost a close one. The Big Ten is just loaded this year, but if they want to go through a world of hell over not being the best team (even though they're far from it) I welcome that and would feel pretty good about it.
they weren't the most talented last year, still won the B1G, but might have been illusion with 8 game win streak with people getting hot at right time

Feels like I'm sticking up for them when I'm not but they are just not as talented as Illinois, Iowa, Ohio St, and Michigan. They're right at the level of Purdue so not surprising they lost a close one. The Big Ten is just loaded this year, but if they want to go through a world of hell over not being the best team (even though they're far from it) I welcome that and would feel pretty good about it.
Yeah, I agree. They competed well last night but just couldn't overcome a surging team on the road. Don't look now, but Purdue is in 4th place.

That said, I didn't think the Badgers exhibited their usual poise, especially late, and they gave up more easy baskets than I'm used to seeing from them. I don't doubt that something's amiss.

Yeah, I agree. They competed well last night but just couldn't overcome a surging team on the road. Don't look now, but Purdue is in 4th place.

That said, I didn't think the Badgers exhibited their usual poise, especially late, and they gave up more easy baskets than I'm used to seeing from them. I don't doubt that something's amiss.
i checked out buckyville, they're currently whining about the extra attention Brad gets from the refs

The guy who interviews and has connections to the program has virtually useless input? He stated his bias and said he understands the change that is likely to happen. He simply stated that the same issues that Pitino has (in-state recruiting/transfers) will still be things that the new coach battles. Thing is you can even have a losing win % in the Big Ten and still make the NCAA tournament every year.

Here's my issue with in-state recruiting. Each roster has 13 scholarship positions. That's 3 per year. The math alone says in-state recruiting is going to be tough.

Stating your bias and then going on to incorporate that bias into your comments, does not remove that bias in any way, just confirms it.

And of course any new coach will experience difficulties, we just need them to handle them more successfully than Pitino has.

Stating your bias and then going on to incorporate that bias into your comments, does not remove that bias in any way, just confirms it.

Of course he is biased, I know that, you know that. He has said that.

But, that doesn't automatically make his info on the program and how it operates less credible. In fact, there may be times - because he knows things we likely don't - that we should listen with an open ear because he is around it on a level most people aren't.

I mean, who would want any type of info or insight from a guy who is around the program, around the coach, and likely has access to the coaches and players that normal people and even normal reporters don't get?

Top Bottom