Justin Cobbs scores 47 points in final HS game

Cobbs

I think he'll edge up near Top 100 status this spring. Excellent senior year for him.

A PG that scores? WTF?? Pull his offer. We can't have that here.

As a side note, westbrook averaged 41 points his junior year. IIRC Payton was also a decent scorer in HS. just sayin

Let's see... Cobbs single-handedly outscored the Gophers last week by himself. Get the man on campus now!

Let's see... Cobbs single-handedly outscored the Gophers last week by himself. Get the man on campus now!
As noted already, Westbrook averaged 41 pts/game in high school as well. The high school game is quite different from the Big 10.

As noted already, Westbrook averaged 41 pts/game in high school as well. The high school game is quite different from the Big 10.

Absolutely agree. But if he is capable of scoring, that will be just as good imo. I'd be just as happy if opposing teams viewed him as a threat with the ability to score rather than just a guy that will drive and kick it out every time or can't hit a jump shot....

As FOT already mentioned ...Westbrook played in rural Arizona. Cobbs plays the BOTB in So Calif / LA area. One other thing to consider, LW scored many, if not most, of his high school points by using his strength to post up opponents. That's not a talent that translates well to high D-1 for a sub-6-foot guard.

Regardless of Westbrook's inconsistent play, the last time I checked, he was still the leading scorer for the Gophers. If Westbrook averaged 4 ppg, then your argument would be valid; however, he does average a respectable 12+ ppg. Let's give a little credit where credit is due...

My brother lives just a couple miles from Cobbs' high school. He says people out there are comparing Cobbs to Westbrook (Russell, that is).

A scoring PG in the mold of AJ Price. ...

I could live with that. ... minus the off-court "problems" early in Price's career.

Will the least heralded of our 4 recruits.........

turn out to be the best of them?

If our current guards keep showing resistance to improvement, he may get a ton of floor time next year.

Anyone know when Rivals updates their top 150 again? I wonder if Cobbs will crack it.

Actually, Chandler is a suburb of Phoenix and plays 1-2 Phoenix schools and other suburban schools (e.g. Scottsdale, Mesa, Tempe, etc)

I've been to Chandler. Yes, it's within 1 hour's drive of downtown Phoenix.

But LA and So Calif competition is MUCH tougher than rural/suburban Phoenix.

LW leads the team in scoring, but how many shots per game does he take. Also what is his Assist/ TO ratio. Seems when ever I watch him he either hits everything he throws up or hits nothing at all.

Top Bottom