Just trying to do my part in helping improve the U!

Reaction score
I’m not on here to ask for the coaching staff to get fired and certain players to be benched as I feel I’m not qualified enough to make those calls (Others please note I’m not saying you’re not qualified to make those decisions as I’m sure many on here are qualified and have enough 1st hand knowledge of the situation to make those decisions.)Since sadly I’ll never be qualified to be a head football coach, Athletic Director, University President, or anyone else that makes crucial decisions for the U, I’m asking for advice on how to help the program and help do my part in improving the U and showing potential student athletes how great the U is as it’s my humble and I do mean humble opinion that fans of the U can contribute to improving the U. First I have to admit I cheer for the team and coaches on the field and don’t boo them. Do I have that wrong? Does cheering for the team I love when they’re losing hurt improving the U and hurt recruiting potential student athletes to the U? Do recruits enjoy hearing boos when the team is losing instead? (Note: I do boo the other team while at the game especially those stinkin badgers and goofy Hawkeyes does that hurt the program and potential recruits from being attracted to the U?) Am I hurting the program as well as attracting potential recruits to the U by not posting which player is so bad that their mother must wear army boots? Am I hurting the program as well as attracting potential recruits by not knowing and not posting that Coach Brewster can’t develop talent and that the U should hire great coach such as Vikings offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell? Please, please any ideas would be appreciated as I want to help promote and show how great the U is to others and do my part but I need to know the best way possible. Thanks in advance!!!

I have the following advice for you: 1) shorter sentences; and 2) shorter paragraphs. It won't necessarily help you in GopherHole, but it will be very beneficial to you at work if you are required to write letters and memos.

porscheman...spend more time on GopherHole, read comments by tons of experts as they bitch and moan, scream, yell, holler, and shout, listen and read to negativism only, be called names and call people names, and you will learn by having your questions answered. Good Luck. :)

When it becomes obvious, as in this situation, that the head coach is terrible, you are being destructive to the future of the program by supporting him.

porscheman...spend more time on GopherHole, read comments by tons of experts as they bitch and moan, scream, yell, holler, and shout, listen and read to negativism only, be called names and call people names, and you will learn by having your questions answered. Good Luck. :)

LOL --- Yeah you pretty much sum it all up there Dr. Don!

porscheman...Example #1 already.

It think it is hilarious, yet sad, how you rah-rah, root for any old crap that the Gophers throw out type fans aren't being destructive. It will never get better until we demand it - that starts with getting rid of this moron of a coach.

It think it is hilarious, yet sad, how you rah-rah, root for any old crap that the Gophers throw out type fans aren't being destructive. It will never get better until we demand it - that starts with getting rid of this moron of a coach.

No, we have to give our coaches the opportunity to succeed. Brewster gets five years, then we evaluate. After five years, you may be right, but you could be and I hope you are wrong.

:) Example #2

Nope, 2 examples by the same guy counts as 2 examples.

charlieben...If nothing else, I serve as a damned good bad example. Look in the mirror, ok?

charlieben...If nothing else, I serve as a damned good bad example. Look in the mirror, ok?

You just don't get it do you? As long as people like YOU, Dr. Don, accept, amd make excuses for, this coach, then we are further and further away from winning. YOU, Dr. Don, thus, are the one hurting the future of this program - not me.

Funny thing is, usually the first one to point the "you just don't get it" finger is the one who is on the wrong track.

charlieben...YOU, my friend are another example of being part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Your solution is fire brewster. I suggest you get off your fat lazy azz, get on the pads, and show the players and the coaches how it is done instead of your babble. Comprende' ?

Schnoods, no I have a good supply in stock, just needed to take a "Thanksgiving" break and will go to WalMart on this fine Black Friday to buy a couple of things at a time...probably 3 or 4 trips today is all. :)

Dr. Don - You speak the gospel.

To Mr. ChaseBenji7 you would still be bitching about a Gopher Rose Bowl win if they only won by 3 points and to most of the people on these boards...It is really getting old coming on here and reading this negative crap.

Everyone wanted coach Childress fired too until he got a quarterback and they are now 9-1. Winning cures all. Until the Gophers go undefeated and win the national championship these morons will be calling for the coaches head. Even if they do all that some of these idiots will still be calling for Brewsters head. Remember when a team is winning the quarterback and head coach get too much of the accolades and when they are losing the head coach and quarterback take too much of the blame.

I give Brewster and Weber credit for staying classy and not leashing out and blaming others as they are under all this intense scrutiny. Let's give Brewster two more years and see where we are at then. If were still 6-6 and heading to another toilet bowl. Then we can go ape chit!

Dr. Don - You speak the gospel.

To Mr. ChaseBenji7 you would still be bitching about a Gopher Rose Bowl win if they only won by 3 points and to most of the people on these boards...It is really getting old coming on here and reading this negative crap.

Everyone wanted coach Childress fired too until he got a quarterback and they are now 9-1. Winning cures all. Until the Gophers go undefeated and win the national championship these morons will be calling for the coaches head. Even if they do all that some of these idiots will still be calling for Brewsters head. Remember when a team is winning the quarterback and head coach get too much of the accolades and when they are losing the head coach and quarterback take too much of the blame.

I give Brewster and Weber credit for staying classy and not leashing out and blaming others as they are under all this intense scrutiny. Let's give Brewster two more years and see where we are at then. If were still 6-6 and heading to another toilet bowl. Then we can go ape chit!

I am glad that someone who has six posts has such an intricate knowledge of my posting history. In fact, you are dead wrong. Unlike some of these bozos, however, I know that this coach will NEVER get us there!

And, btw, while everyone was clamoring for Childress' head, I was one of the few arguing that he deserved more time. The problem was the qb, not him. With the Gophers, the entire scheme is terrible; Brewster has shown zero ability to do anything with the talent on the field; and, the continuing jr. high football mstakes are more than enough evidence that this guy is a joker.

I'm glad to see that you want the program to get better and I too hope a national championship makes it way back to the U. That being said I will always cheer for the gophers no matter how good or bad they are.

I just have 2 questions for you to answer if you would be so kind.

#1. Do you think all of this negativity on this board will help attract potential student athletes come to the U? You state that the U has a "moron of a coach" by saying that don't you think he needs all the help he can get.

I myself am very concerned and especially so after reading a post from a father of one of the current student athletes. I believe he stated that he wished he son would of never came here because of all of the negativity from the fans.

If he feels that strongly I guess I hope none of the potential recruits read this board as apparently it's possible for a recruit and their family to not liked to be boo'd by their own fans.

#2. Do you think that by calling for Brewster to be fired will help?

To be honest it may. However if that's the case and the fans are having to make the decision for the people above Brewster then I feel we all should be more worried about them and their ability to do their job than even that "moron of a coach" the U has.

Thanks my posts are kind long, although, I did take time to use paragraphs this time so I hope that helps.

This happens everywhere, check out Colorado's site, click on Football:

http://www.netbuffs.com/

Here was one post that cracked me up: "The nation is laughing at us" followed by this reply: "The nation doesn't care." Or this: "Petition to force CU to the Big Sky Conf." Does this sound familiar: "Hawkins=FAILURE"

Same stuff over at Louisville, Illinois, etc......One place I didn't check was Indiana. They have been worse than us for years, I wonder if the same stuff happens there, or if they've resigned themselves. Now, I bet you'd have seen crazier stuff on Indiana's basketball site back when Davis was coaching.

This happens everywhere, check out Colorado's site, click on Football:

http://www.netbuffs.com/

Here was one post that cracked me up: "The nation is laughing at us" followed by this reply: "The nation doesn't care." Or this: "Petition to force CU to the Big Sky Conf." Does this sound familiar: "Hawkins=FAILURE"

Same stuff over at Louisville, Illinois, etc......One place I didn't check was Indiana. They have been worse than us for years, I wonder if the same stuff happens there, or if they've resigned themselves. Now, I bet you'd have seen crazier stuff on Indiana's basketball site back when Davis was coaching.

Haha those were pretty good quotes.

You may be right in that I'm overreacting as you are right that it happens everywhere.

In my defense I'm getting kind of old and see college student athletes as kids so I believe in cutting them some slack. Once they grow up and make millions playing the game I don't worry so much about that as I've been ripping the players on my Kansas City Royals for some time now haha.

I'm glad to see that you want the program to get better and I too hope a national championship makes it way back to the U. That being said I will always cheer for the gophers no matter how good or bad they are.

I just have 2 questions for you to answer if you would be so kind.

#1. Do you think all of this negativity on this board will help attract potential student athletes come to the U? You state that the U has a "moron of a coach" by saying that don't you think he needs all the help he can get.

I myself am very concerned and especially so after reading a post from a father of one of the current student athletes. I believe he stated that he wished he son would of never came here because of all of the negativity from the fans.

If he feels that strongly I guess I hope none of the potential recruits read this board as apparently it's possible for a recruit and their family to not liked to be boo'd by their own fans.

#2. Do you think that by calling for Brewster to be fired will help?

To be honest it may. However if that's the case and the fans are having to make the decision for the people above Brewster then I feel we all should be more worried about them and their ability to do their job than even that "moron of a coach" the U has.

Thanks my posts are kind long, although, I did take time to use paragraphs this time so I hope that helps.

Thanks for reasoned questions.

#1 Some see me as a negative poster, but that just is not the case. In fact, if you saw my posts on the b-ball board, I am somewhat more optimistic than many of the posters over there. Yes...I do want the best recruits to come here; however, as some have already pointed out, negativity is going to exist at any program with the type of poor results we have had. If an athlete can't take it, do you really think he is the type of player that is going to play well in the Big House at crunch time?

Also, it doesn't matter how many stars the recruits you bring in have, because good coaches win and bad coaches do not. Therefore, your two questions are interconnected. #2 The negativity is a must because we as fans must do everything in our power to voice our displeasure to force Brewster's ouster. The longer he is coach the longer we will be from having what we all want - a winner. Therefore, I argue that those that root for hollow victories against SDSU are actually doing us a disservice in the long.

Thanks for reasoned questions.

#1 Some see me as a negative poster, but that just is not the case. In fact, if you saw my posts on the b-ball board, I am somewhat more optimistic than many of the posters over there. Yes...I do want the best recruits to come here; however, as some have already pointed out, negativity is going to exist at any program with the type of poor results we have had. If an athlete can't take it, do you really think he is the type of player that is going to play well in the Big House at crunch time?

Also, it doesn't matter how many stars the recruits you bring in have, because good coaches win and bad coaches do not. Therefore, your two questions are interconnected. #2 The negativity is a must because we as fans must do everything in our power to voice our displeasure to force Brewster's ouster. The longer he is coach the longer we will be from having what we all want - a winner. Therefore, I argue that those that root for hollow victories against SDSU are actually doing us a disservice in the long.

You're so right. The best thing to do is to stop supporting the program, boo when we win against teams like SDSU, and just turn the football program into Indiana. Then we can get rid of Brewster and bring in a stud coach. A program with non-supportive fans would attract the best recruits and coaches in the land!

Top Bottom