Just to put things in perspective..

Just saw that as well. Oh how mighty Miami has fallen...

Seantrel Henderson should have stayed home! Ouch.

Wow.. Really?! I especially like the Dan Sileo rant about that game, too. haha!

That's about how empty our stadium is 5 minutes to kick off.

I really hate Miami in general so it's nice to see their program go down the tubes.

They never should have left the Orange Bowl. At least with the Metrodome we were relatively close to campus. Miami Gardens is a loooong way away from Coral Gables.

The bar is set very high in the Big Ten. As much a we thrive for more attention, a better atmosphere and more fans, it is important to remember things are far worse at most other FBS schools.

When travelling, I have been shocked by how indifferent locals are towards a lot of college football programs. Every week there are dozens of games that might as well be played in the middle of the forrest somewhere; no one is there and no one is watching on television.

You guys aren't serious. Our stadium is a desert prior to game time. It's only at kick off that our stadium looks respectable. Especially week 1. It's been getting gradually better as we keep piling on wins.

You know kickoff was at 11 AM CST, right? You might have thought it was at 10 AM.

The only people that show up prior to kick off are the students because their seats are GA. And maybe a few of the real fans as well.

You guys aren't serious. Our stadium is a desert prior to game time. It's only at kick off that our stadium looks respectable. Especially week 1. It's been getting gradually better as we keep piling on wins.

I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you there. I'd like to see everyone in the stadium in time for the band pregame and that certainly isn't the case. But, in terms of percentage of people in their seats for pregame as compared to the overall attendance, it isn't bad. Not great, but not bad either and literally NO COMPARISON to that picture taken of the team entering the field at Miami. I say these comments as a person that is almost always in my seat before the band hits the field, and always 100% of the time in my seat in time for the team to run out of the tunnel.

Does anyone have any pictures of the crowd in TCF in pregame, that ought to settle this. There are people who straggle in, but this picture looks like TCF looks 2 minutes after the gates are opened. Our attendance could be improved, but it is better than this.

Here's one from the New Hampshire coin toss...

Attachments

• image-1440869159.jpg
    image-1440869159.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 78

There have been a lot of people in line for beer the last two weeks prior to kick off and pre-game. The first week there were still a lot of people tailgating at 10:30. Not saying this is all of it but yes we have a late arriving crowd, even many that get in after the kick off from St Paul because they waited until the last minute to jump on a shuttle.

There have been a lot of people in line for beer the last two weeks prior to kick off and pre-game. The first week there were still a lot of people tailgating at 10:30. Not saying this is all of it but yes we have a late arriving crowd, even many that get in after the kick off from St Paul because they waited until the last minute to jump on a shuttle.

I wasn't late to the first game, but I was shocked how bad the traffic was. Had to skip the pre-game pizza at Campus Pizza and just go straight to the game due to traffic. I left earlier for last weeks game.

I think a lot of fans that aren't there every week underestimate the traffic.

They are. When our Gophers came out during their entrance last week against WMU, the only part of the stadium that DIDN'T have much people was the upper level of the student section. And it filled out by Q1. You are exaggerating, Danny Burrito. The two scenes aren't even comparable.

][/QUOTE]That's about how empty our stadium is 5 minutes to kick off
Wrong and the first game was better attended early than the second home game.

I now take pictures of the stands for every game I attend, before the game starts, either right after the band pre-game or coin toss, and then middle to late 1Q. For the sole purpose of these arguments. How anyone could say we look ANYTHING like those 2 photos that were taken during gameplay is beyond unbelievable. Thanks for posting a pic as mine is on my phone and would be a pain to get right now.

I don't know where you are prior to kick off. I am in tailgate lot 37 until 20 minutes before kick off, then I head over to my seats. Always in my seat in time for kick off.

Top Bottom