Just over 9 months until Big Ten Tournament

Where will 2025 Big Ten Tournament be held?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Another city that I know placed a bid for it is Columbus. It does seem a little odd it hasn't been announced yet.

If they are really bad, like B1G was last year, it will damage the middle rung bubble teams. Leagues like the Big 12 who really do have a lot of good teams will really benefit.

Was the Big 12 really that good last season or did they game the NET ranking system (as ACC representatives alleged) to achieve inflated rankings? The Big 12 was only 7-7 in the NCAA tournament. The ACC, Big East, and Big Ten all had better records. The Big East compiled a 10-2 record with only 3 teams selected. Even the fading Pac 12 managed a 6-4 record.

The Big 12 was only 2-3 in the NIT with Cincinnati having both of their wins.

I am not sure where the women’s tournament is but the men Indy..

I am not sure where the women’s tournament is but the men Indy..
Where has this been confirmed? I have not seen anything announced.

Maybe at the Big 10 Football Media Day which is also at Indianapolis?

It’s in Indy. The D O B O for a team told me Indy that they knew in early June and they were already getting travel set up.. flights etc..
Then why on God's green earth have they not said anything publicly yet? They are treating the information like it's a national security secret.

Was the Big 12 really that good last season or did they game the NET ranking system (as ACC representatives alleged) to achieve inflated rankings? The Big 12 was only 7-7 in the NCAA tournament. The ACC, Big East, and Big Ten all had better records. The Big East compiled a 10-2 record with only 3 teams selected. Even the fading Pac 12 managed a 6-4 record.

The Big 12 was only 2-3 in the NIT with Cincinnati having both of their wins.
Getting fewer teams in the tourney usually helps you have a better tourney record and having more doesn’t.

Like, if the big ten just turned down bids when they were 8 seeds or lower the tourney record.

I’m not sure tourney record means anything in terms of strength of the conference.
Tourney record means a lot in terms of are you best teams national title contenders.

I would rather the big ten go 9-9 in the tourney than 9-2.

Getting fewer teams in the tourney usually helps you have a better tourney record and having more doesn’t.

Like, if the big ten just turned down bids when they were 8 seeds or lower the tourney record.

I’m not sure tourney record means anything in terms of strength of the conference.
Tourney record means a lot in terms of are you best teams national title contenders.

I would rather the big ten go 9-9 in the tourney than 9-2.
Not that winning the whole thing means that much to me personally (if it's not the Gophers), but 9-2 could be preferred to some if only 3 teams got in to begin with.

Once it starts I only root for teams I picked in my Bracket and don't give a rip what conference they are from.

Top Bottom