Just One Guy's Thoughts

I didn't watch UNI that closely under Kill, but the times I did watch they didn't seem to do much with the outside passing game. Seemed like mostly slants and other underneath stuff from his WRs. Maybe it's Leidner or maybe it's the receivers or maybe it's a combination, but we have to do something over-the-top to move the opposing safeties back. Williams did that for us when he was the TE.

No Doubt. Our lack of a vertical passing game has really hurt us this year. We try to blame ML7, the OL, or the WR, but truth is it is all 3.

No Doubt. Our lack of a vertical passing game has really hurt us this year. We try to blame ML7, the OL, or the WR, but truth is it is all 3.

I don't doubt it is all 3, but man when Mitch tries a longer pass I swear they "float" for what seems like forever.... it feels like it gives the opponents secondary plenty of time.

I don't doubt it is all 3, but man when Mitch tries a longer pass I swear they "float" for what seems like forever.... it feels like it gives the opponents secondary plenty of time.

If only Mortel had that kind of hang time but I'll say this for Pete, he kicks it with a tight spiral.

Top Bottom