Judd Zulgad: Gophers’ miserable season should be allowed to end

In our current situation, the risk of playing in a bowl game far outweighs the reward. Don't do it. We need to get this team healthy again.

I understand that a 5-7 team shouldn't be in a bowl game. But you absolutely go if invited. For all the people that say Claeys shouldn't have gotten the job because he has no head coaching experience, well, it's a chance to get some as well as 15 more practices for the kids. I think it can only help going forward.

I understand that a 5-7 team shouldn't be in a bowl game. But you absolutely go if invited. For all the people that say Claeys shouldn't have gotten the job because he has no head coaching experience, well, it's a chance to get some as well as 15 more practices for the kids. I think it can only help going forward.

Claeys talked about the bowl practices on Wednesday. He said that the real advantage is that you've got a bunch of kids that are redshirting. Those guys have spent a lot of their practice time as the scout team. Extra practices give them a chance to get back to working in the Gopher system prior to Spring Ball.

Bowl game would be in 3-4 weeks? Plenty of time to get healthy. Kids could have some fun, we could play a lot of backups, croft could play some series. I don't really see the downside. We have a long time to get healthy. This is for he kids and the decision should be up to them.

Top Bottom