Journalist looking for miniature Minnesota Helmet

They sell them right at Goldy's Lockeroom, right in the Stadium. Those are a little bigger than the ones in the linked picture though... about correct if the head in the helmet was the size of your fist.

How does this work, the helmet (or other item) he goes to is the winner?

If so, I'd suggest using a live Gopher to represent MN. :)

Thanks, Schnauzer, for the info on Goldy's. I found a helmet pin on the website but not a helmet. And, 13, I think if a live Gopher were used, the video could be a real hit on youtube. The journalist is Jake Schaller, and he explains how his blogdog makes his picks:

"As longtime BlogDog fans know, Norm makes his pick by choosing between a mini-replica Air Force helmet and a mini-replica helmet of Air Force’s opponent (best three out of five). But I have only Mountain West Conference helmets. So when the Falcons go out of conference, I’ve got to get creative."

Here's the link for the video of this week's pick. Next week, blogdog will pick Air Force v. Minnesota. You might enjoy checking the newspaper's website to see the results next Thursday or Friday.
http://www.gazette.com/video/?videoId=37179523001

How does this work, the helmet (or other item) he goes to is the winner?

If so, I'd suggest using a live Gopher to represent MN. :)

Basically the dog picks 5 times, and the number of times a team is picked represents how close the game will be. If it's 3-2 it's a close game, if it's 5-0 it's a blowout. I think it all started because his newspaper wouldn't allow him to predict the winners. Maybe it was to remain objective, I just can't remember.

So Jake started having his dog Norm make the picks in a humorous way to get around the rule. I think since then the newspaper changed their policy but Norm has kept picking the winners anyway. And the sad thing is the dog has a better average than I do.

Top Bottom