Josh Allen

DuluthGopher

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this was posted but looks like we got another offensive lineman. Solid 3 star kid it looks like who might be able to play on the defensive side of the ball as well. Don't know much about him though.

Does anyone else get the page blocked from AVG when you try to get to his player bio to see the other offers he has? AVG tells me that there is some sort of malicious program there.

Anyway, from what I can tell he seems solid with a 5.7 RR.

Rivals has him ranked pretty high...and ESPN has him as a 77. I'll take a TX top 100 guy anyday.

You gotta believe after this commit though that they would only accept one other commit for the OL and we all know who that is...I personally thought they were gonna be done after Ragoo committed cause holy moly are we getting a lot of em'. I wonder how many are going to end up at DT?

This board would have blown up 4 years ago if we had gotten a commit like this...and it still might I guess.

Here is some links
Rivals

ESPN

Sounds like he projects as a center in college ball.
It will be interesting having all these big guys going through the program together. Might be a good thing.

Rivals lists no other offers for him, despite his high ranking. I'm not sure what to make of that.

But regarding all the O-lineman, I'm sure more than a couple will end up on the other side, and really, look at us, we can afford to take in some O-line talent, especially if we're gonna be more running in the future.

Because Wisconsin cooled on him? :p

Oh poor Wisconsin. Gotta love the Bieliema recruiting strategy. Offer big boys with little recognition scollys.

Side note, anyone notice that rivals bumped Tatum up from a two to three star recruit?

Oh poor Wisconsin. Gotta love the Bieliema recruiting strategy. Offer big boys with little recognition scollys.

Side note, anyone notice that rivals bumped Tatum up from a two to three star recruit?

I noticed. ESPN is really high on this young man. I don't care what anyone says...I am really liking how this class is starting to pan out. We've still got what...10-11 schollies to give out yet too? Did I hear that right that they are going to bring in 30 guys or can they only give 28?

Great to have Josh A. on board. I know one of his team mates, also an O lineman and I can't remember his name, is a highly touted recruit with a very impressive offer list. It has been said by some experts that Josh might be as good if not better than his team mate in the long run after he reaches D1 size.
Welcome aboard Josh.

anyone notice that rivals bumped Tatum up from a two to three star recruit?

outside of Gjere, I'm most excited about Tatum, ESPN seems to think hes a MAJOR sleeper, and after seeing his film I'm on board with that

Rivals has him ranked pretty high...and ESPN has him as a 77. I'll take a TX top 100 guy anyday.

You gotta believe after this commit though that they would only accept one other commit for the OL and we all know who that is...I personally thought they were gonna be done after Ragoo committed cause holy moly are we getting a lot of em'. I wonder how many are going to end up at DT?

This board would have blown up 4 years ago if we had gotten a commit like this...and it still might I guess.
I think all signs are pointing to Zac Epping at DT, which would be a very wise move IMO.

I really like this signing. It's puzzling why a guy ranked as high as he was by both rivals and ESPN didn't get more looks, but we really needed a true center in this recruting class and I think Allen gives us that.

Trey Davis should man the spot for the next two years, which will allow Allen to step in as a R-Soph if all goes well. Nice move.

I noticed. ESPN is really high on this young man. I don't care what anyone says...I am really liking how this class is starting to pan out. We've still got what...10-11 schollies to give out yet too? Did I hear that right that they are going to bring in 30 guys or can they only give 28?
28 is the maximum amount of scholarships you can give in one year. It wouldn't shock me to see them have a class of 30 though, considering there are almost always guys who don't qualify. That said, I think 28 is much more likely.

Back to back offer-less commits!?!

ZZZZZzzzzz
sleepy.gif

Not the greatest week of recruiting. When I saw the txt coming in I sure hoped it was going to be Sanders or Bouie or by some luck Dontae Williams.

But a un recruited center who is projecting as a defensive lineman project?

Not the greatest week of recruiting. When I saw the txt coming in I sure hoped it was going to be Sanders or Bouie or by some luck Dontae Williams.

But a un recruited center who is projecting as a defensive lineman project?
While I agree that it's a bit discouraging to be the only BCS team offering so many players, it's a bit unfair to compare Allen, who is almost a 4 star recruit for both ESPN and Rivals, to Pride, who was a low 2-star from each. Bouie is lower-ranked by both, and only has one serious offer from Purdue (although I do like Bouie)

Also, where are you getting the D-line thing? I think one reason why Allen didn't get a lot of offers is his height (6'2), that screams college center to me, and Rivals has him as the 11th best in the country.

Nice addition

I was checking out ESPNs recruiting site last week and came across Allen and was intrigued by how highly they think of him. With our OL verbals so far we have added talent to our biggest deficiency, how could this be a bad thing? With 6 verbals so far, and hopefully another, we have the opportunity to establish depth as well as possibly create opportunities to move to the defensive side of the ball.

Imagine the commits we will get after beating Penn State this weekend, hopefully a few skill positions.

we really needed a true center in this recruting class and I think Allen gives us that. Trey Davis should man the spot for the next two years, which will allow Allen to step in as a R-Soph if all goes well. Nice move.

Prof, is Olson Jr not being projected at center? During warm-ups I see him working snaps to all the QBs, they are getting my hopes up of having a scary 6'7" center next year??? :D

Prof, is Olson Jr not being projected at center? During warm-ups I see him working snaps to all the QBs, they are getting my hopes up of having a scary 6'7" center next year??? :D
That's a good eye you've got there sonny.

He played center in high school, so I suppose anything is possible. That's a freakishly tall center though. I think the quarterback would have to wear stilts.

I looked at Josh Allen's evaluations and can understand why he has only one BCS offer. He projects pretty much only as a center. A lot of teams prefer linemen that are versatile. Esslinger was in the same mold so the question is can lighting hit twice? As far as switching to D line Nebraska apparently talked to him about the possibility.

I wonder if Allen's decision will influence any of his teammates - this high school appears (click on "Cedar Hill" off of the Rivals site for a list of their prospects) to be LOADED with talent and there is a D-Back (Olabode) still considering Minnesota.

I'm pumped about this commit! I was hoping that he would land here. Just a feeling but i think he is going to turn out to be a good one. Welcome to the family Josh!

Nice addition. I love how Brewster keeps pulling talent outta Texas!

That's a nice spot and interesting. At 6'7'' I would imagine him playing tackle. Has anyone heard Brewster say precisely where they see him lining up in the future?

Did you know Decker was only a 2-star recruit in high school?

Well this guy is a 3-star. I don't want to get ahead of myself here, but I think we may have landed a potential All-American.

Garrett Graham = Mark Chmura

I'll take the 11th Center in the nation any day. Welcome to MN, Josh.

fwiw

While I agree that it's a bit discouraging to be the only BCS team offering so many players, it's a bit unfair to compare Allen, who is almost a 4 star recruit for both ESPN and Rivals, to Pride, who was a low 2-star from each. Bouie is lower-ranked by both, and only has one serious offer from Purdue (although I do like Bouie)

Also, where are you getting the D-line thing? I think one reason why Allen didn't get a lot of offers is his height (6'2), that screams college center to me, and Rivals has him as the 11th best in the country.

"This season he has been switching between offensive tackle and offensive center. In college, Allen doesn't know where he will settle on the field.

'They said they might see what I can do at other positions,' he said. 'I played defense all the way up to sophomore year. I'd like to play defensive end or defensive tackle but wherever they put me, that's where I'll work the hardest at.'"

I will say one thing, the kid ain't scared of an academic challenge as he has said that it was our mechanical engineering program that attracted him; let us hope he has the test scores to back that up.

Top Bottom