Joseph Stays Busy, Sets First Official

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ScoutHoops.com:

Information has been tough to come by recently when it comes to Cory Joseph's recruitment. The 6-foot-3 guard has been in the midst of in-home visits and is about to head off for his first official visit.

See with Joseph, a five-star prospect, going to school in Las Vegas at Findlay Prep, college coaches have to not only visit him, but also have to go to Canada to see his family.

“It’s weird because my mom has been doing in-homes and then they come up and see me,” Joseph told Scout.com. “My mom has been doing a lot of them.”

Among the schools that have visited his family in Canada are Villanova, UConn, Minnesota, Kansas, Marquette UNLV, Texas, Arizona and Mississippi State, while Florida and Texas A&M are expected in soon.

“It’s been great,” he said of his recruitment. “There are a lot of good people out there and a lot of good coaches and a lot of good programs. It’s going to be very hard to choose between all of these good programs.”

“They are coming in and selling their programs real good,” he added. “I just have to listen to all of the information and try to find the best situation for you. I’m looking to choose the best situation for me.”

Joseph’s in-home visits will come to an end next week and that’s when he’ll beginning narrowing his list of schools.

“I think I’m going to cut down my list by the end of next week,” he said. “Then I’m going to set some of my officials next weekend because by then all of my in-home visits will be done and I will have talked with all of the coaches by then.”

Joseph, who is ranked No. 21 overall and No. 6 at the point guard spot, does have on official visit scheduled. The 6-foot-3, 170-pounder will head to Texas this weekend with his high school and AAU teammate Tristan Thompson.

“I’m going to take an official visit to Texas this weekend,” he said. “I felt like I could go to Texas on an official right now because the coaches are good guys and Tristan is going there this weekend.”

Joseph said he hasn’t thought much about signing early or late. According to him, when he makes his decision isn’t a big concern, he’s just waiting until he finds the right fit for him.

“Whenever I feel like ‘this school is the best situation for me’ or I’m 100-percent sure that that particular school is where I want to go to, that’s when I’m going to sign,” he said. “Whenever I feel like I know the best situation for me, that’s when I’m going to do it.”

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom