Jornell Brooks and Erik Gibson Medically Retire

Best of luck to them.

Glad they get to stay on scholarship.

Tough break for those two but agree that it is good that they are able to stay on scholarship while not counting against the limit.

May open the door for Jackson or one of the other young WR to step up into that #3-4 spot depending on how it all shakes out.

Just like with the DL, very curious if this is an indication of the crazy amount of incoming talent we have at WR.

WR Depth Chart Now?

Bateman
CAB
Douglas

Then a lot of names jockeying for the #3/#4 spots: Nnamdi, Daniel Jackson, Douglas Emilien, Peter Udoibok, Clay Geary.

I think Mann will probably redshirt. Who else am I missing?

WR Depth Chart Now?

Bateman
CAB
Douglas

Then a lot of names jockeying for the #3/#4 spots: Nnamdi, Daniel Jackson, Douglas Emilien, Peter Udoibok, Clay Geary.

SG17

WR Depth Chart Now?

Bateman
CAB
Douglas

Seth Green will certainly play a lot, and Michael Brown-Stephens will have a chance to see the field.

some talk by Burns they might try Potts as a receiving option

Seth Green will certainly play a lot, and Michael Brown-Stephens will have a chance to see the field.

Curious - do you think Seth will play a lot at WR?

I guess I would not expect to see him lined up at WR a ton and he certainly has not factored into the passing game as a receiver to this point. I know he is listed as a WR on the depth chart but I basically look at his as a QB far more then I do as a receiver given the way we use him.

If it's anything like this past seaosn, I doubt Seth catches more than 3-5 balls all year, but good call on Brown-Stephens. I knew I forgot someone. That said, they have changed Green's role a bit each year, so it's very possible they could factor him into the passing game more next season.

Too bad. I remember at least one (maybe Gibson?) of them had a great highlight reel (caveats on Hudl noted) and looked like a little bigger, TJ-type player.

1. Bateman
2. Autman-Bell
3. Douglas
4. Green
5. Literally anybody.. nobody proven at all past Green

Green will likely continue his current role. I would be surprised if he makes more than 3 catches.

Virtually any other WR on the roster will have more catches than Green.

Last edited:

WR Depth Chart Now?

Bateman
CAB
Douglas

I suspect #3 and #4 will be up for grabs depending on how the spring and summer goes. Will Douglas nail down a consistent starting role? Do any of last year's redshirts (MBS, Nnamdi, etc.) step up? I actually could see one of our incoming freshmen making real noise, especially Jackson or Emilien.

If the over-under on Seth Greens receptions was 2.5, I would bet the Under.

WR Depth Chart Now?

Bateman
CAB
Douglas

There are twelve WRs on the roster. As it turns out, Jimmy Buck did sign as 2019 PWO after all.
89Nnamdi Adim-MadumereWR6-4235R-Fr.Fort Worth, Texas / Southwest High School
81Brock AnnexstadWR6-2200R-Jr.Norseland, Minn. / IMG Academy
7Chris Autman-BellWR6-1215R-Jr.Kankakee, Ill. / Bishop McNamara
13Rashod BatemanWR6-2210Jr.Tifton, Ga. / Tift County
22Mike Brown-StephensWR5-10185R-Fr.Springfield, Ohio / Springfield High School
27Jimmy BuckWR6-3205R-Fr.Orono, Minn. / Orono
82Demetrius DouglasWR6-0195R-Jr.Portland, Ore. / Jesuit
18Clay GearyWR5-10200R-Sr.Lakeville, Minn. / Lakeville South
17Seth GreenWR6-4240R-Sr.Woodbury, Minn. / Allen
26True ThompsonWR6-4210R-Sr.Plymouth, Minn. / Robbinsdale ArmstrongIowa Western CC
84Peter UdoibokWR6-4205R-Fr.St. Paul, Minn. / Cretin-Derham Hall High School
20Larry WrightWR6-4210R-Fr.Apple Valley, Minn. / Eastview

There are twelve WRs on the roster. As it turns out, Jimmy Buck did sign as 2019 PWO after all.
81Brock AnnexstadWR6-2200R-Jr.Norseland, Minn. / IMG Academy
7Chris Autman-BellWR6-1215R-Jr.Kankakee, Ill. / Bishop McNamara
13Rashod BatemanWR6-2210Jr.Tifton, Ga. / Tift County
22Mike Brown-StephensWR5-10185R-Fr.Springfield, Ohio / Springfield High School
27Jimmy BuckWR6-3205R-Fr.Orono, Minn. / Orono
82Demetrius DouglasWR6-0195R-Jr.Portland, Ore. / Jesuit
18Clay GearyWR5-10200R-Sr.Lakeville, Minn. / Lakeville South
17Seth GreenWR6-4240R-Sr.Woodbury, Minn. / Allen
26True ThompsonWR6-4210R-Sr.Plymouth, Minn. / Robbinsdale ArmstrongIowa Western CC
84Peter UdoibokWR6-4205R-Fr.St. Paul, Minn. / Cretin-Derham Hall High School
20Larry WrightWR6-4210R-Fr.Apple Valley, Minn. / Eastview
Plus at least 3 more coming this summer, IIRC.

Some of these WRs on the roster may surprise in their third or fourth year. They like the rest of the unsong third/fourth string players play an important role in the success of the team. They help run opponents plays, and participate in the Sunday Scrimmages which I hear the players really love and is good for overall team conditioning and morale.

Some of these WRs on the roster may surprise in their third or fourth year. They like the rest of the unsong third/fourth string players play an important role in the success of the team. They help run opponents plays, and participate in the Sunday Scrimmages which I hear the players really love and is good for overall team conditioning and morale.

Really excited to see what we get from:

He had a really impressive offer list (Alabama other SEC and BIG programs) and obviously he has lots of size. With TJ graduating he would strike me as a potential redzone threat and maybe a key possession guy. Haven't seen him play, so no clue if he will be a legit option, but clearly lots of teams saw things they liked in him and it wouldn't shock me to see him find his way into the mix in 2020.

On the off chance the listed weight is correct Namdi is already heavier than any receiver at the combine last year. It will be interesting to see him play - if he’s athletic enough could be a real weapon as a pass catcher. IIRC he was mentioned as a TE candidate during the recruiting cycle. Do we know why he only played in 6 games his senior year? I assume an injury?

The times I've watched Nnamdi in scrimmages and drills, he hasn't looked very impressive. Not convinced he's athletic enough to play WR, would bet he ends up at TE. Brown-Stephens, on the other hand, has looked very sharp every time I've seen him in action. Great hands and leaping ability, not super fast but quick when changing direction. Would also expect to see some of Brock A this fall. Of the incoming frosh, my gut says Emilien is the one to watch for. I believe Jackson has had some knee trouble in the past so they might want to give him a year in strength & conditioning. Pure speculation on my part, though.

The times I've watched Nnamdi in scrimmages and drills, he hasn't looked very impressive. Not convinced he's athletic enough to play WR, would bet he ends up at TE. Brown-Stephens, on the other hand, has looked very sharp every time I've seen him in action. Great hands and leaping ability, not super fast but quick when changing direction. Would also expect to see some of Brock A this fall. Of the incoming frosh, my gut says Emilien is the one to watch for. I believe Jackson has had some knee trouble in the past so they might want to give him a year in strength & conditioning. Pure speculation on my part, though.

At that size TE could certainly be an option for someone like Nnamdi. Have never seen him play so just going off offer list and what not.

Given this staffs track record with WR so far, I am really excited to see how some of the young players do now that there will be some opportunity available. Won't be shocked if we are really happy with what we see out of those guys.

This is what I've taken away as well. I will say that I expect Clay Geary to play a bigger role than Brock A. Clay has always looked impressive to me.

Good call, I totally forgot about Geary. He's a good athlete and been in the system a while now, could easily be the new #4 guy. Similar height/weight to Brown-Stephens, not sure if that means anything.

I think CAB will have a big year, and I still like DD a lot--quick and good hands. Lots of potential #4 targets, including Seth, who in the right situation could be a mismatch nightmare against a small CB. And Witham and BSF both can catch and run. Morgan will have a lot of targets this year. This might be a year where we spread it around a bit more with receivers.

Minnesota has plenty of very good #4 - #6 receivers. Green is not one of them.

Minnesota has plenty of very good #4 - #6 receivers. Green is not one of them.

Weird post. He has taken more snaps as a wide receiver than almost all of the other people you seem confident are better than him.

Top Bottom