Jordan Murphy: "Can't wait to be back in Minnesota"

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Jesus Christ, I almost had a heart attack seeing Murphy's name in the post title.

It's probably 110 degrees in the shade in San Antonio by now.

This is good news, granted the bar is quite low on what constitutes "good news" right now...but I think everyone should agree that this is good news. Thank you Jordan Murphy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is good news, granted the bar is quite low on what constitutes "good news" right now...but I think everyone should agree that this is good news. Thank you Jordan Murphy.

+1 I will take any morsel of positivity I can get. This tweet was a refreshing 1.5 seconds of reading.

+1 I will take any morsel of positivity I can get. This tweet was a refreshing 1.5 seconds of reading.

No one can take that 1.5s away from us. It's a good Monday.

No one can take that 1.5s away from us. It's a good Monday.

I bet DPO would like to have a crack at it.

I wonder how the Strib and Myron will spin this?

Go Gophers!!

(warning - sarcasm to follow)

Reasons for wanting to be back in MN:
he's starting his own snow-removal service........
he's a die-hard Twins fan.................

In all seriousness, I'm guessing that Murphy has weighed his options, and decided to return to the U instead of sitting out a year as a transfer. He has a chance to put up some big numbers in MN, and some guys would rather be a big fish as opposed to going somewhere else where he might not get as much PT or put up similar numbers. I wouldn't be shocked if Pitino made him some promises involving playing time, or sold him on the chance to be the big dog at the U.

In all seriousness, I'm guessing that Murphy has weighed his options, and decided to return to the U instead of sitting out a year as a transfer. He has a chance to put up some big numbers in MN, and some guys would rather be a big fish as opposed to going somewhere else where he might not get as much PT or put up similar numbers. I wouldn't be shocked if Pitino made him some promises involving playing time, or sold him on the chance to be the big dog at the U.

Maybe he likes it here.

I'm not always simpatico with the Doctor, but I think he has it...Murphy probably likes it here and is looking forward to the coming season. Jordan didn't need to be promised anything, he has two eyes and can see what will be expected of him. I like it.

I'm not always simpatico with the Doctor, but I think he has it...Murphy probably likes it here and is looking forward to the coming season. Jordan didn't need to be promised anything, he has two eyes and can see what will be expected of him. I like it.

No one ever is! :)

Maybe he likes it here.

This. He doesn't need promises for playing time here and PT wouldn't be an issue elsewhere either. Maybe he likes his teammates and coaches and just enjoys being here?

Go Gophers!!

Maybe he was was home visiting like most college freshmen do. My freshmen niece at the U finished up finals last week I think.

I wouldn't be shocked if Pitino made him some promises involving playing time, or sold him on the chance to be the big dog at the U.

What if Pitino just said...good luck on your finals, have a good break and we'll see you in June for workouts?

Jordan Murphy doesn't need promises. And if Pitino said anything it was something like, "Have a good break, don't injure yourself because my job is dependent on you."

Jordan Murphy doesn't need promises. And if Pitino said anything it was something like, "Have a good break, don't injure yourself because my job is dependent on you."

Agreed, this comment nails it. Besides you can't promise him playing time if he takes it away from himself.

Maybe he was was home visiting like most college freshmen do. My freshmen niece at the U finished up finals last week I think.

You got it. He went home for a few days at the end of school and is now back. With all the bad news in the program people are starting to over react.

Go Gophers

Top Bottom