Jordan Murphy article in Pioneer press

Thanks for posting, love this article!!! Here's few excerpts:

Murphy’s parents called their son after Nate Mason, Dupree McBrayer and Kevin Dorsey were suspended for team rules violations, and they thought he might be a bit discouraged about the team.

“Never once did he say he didn’t want to be there,” Bernard Murphy said. “He said, ‘I know what I have to do. I have to work a little bit harder.’ It was nothing negative. It was always positive. I think it has prepared him for next year. At that time, he started taking on a leadership role. I can tell looking on TV in the huddle his mouth was moving — he was talking more.”

If the season ends Wednesday, Murphy knows what he needs to do to get better this offseason. Improve his outside shot, ball handling and post moves. He looks forward to the challenge.

And he’s excited about where the program is headed.

“We have a really bright future ahead of us with (transfers) Reggie (Lynch) coming and Davonte (Fitzgerald) coming,” he said. “We have two really good players coming, and three really good freshmen coming. So I look at it as we have a really bright future. I think we’re going to be really, really good next year.”

“We have a really bright future ahead of us with (transfers) Reggie (Lynch) coming and Davonte (Fitzgerald) coming,” he said. “We have two really good players coming, and three really good freshmen coming. So I look at it as we have a really bright future. I think we’re going to be really, really good next year.”[/I]

So it's not just us who have high expectations for next year!

(Hopefully he is more prophetic than Carlos.)

Good comments in the article. I'm excited to see him get even better.

great comments! thanks for posting them beeg!

Top Bottom