Jordan Howden Appreciation Thread

50PoundHead

Reaction score
Lots of appreciation threads up and thought I'd add Howden. He really developed into a solid B1G football player. I certainly don't catch every minute of every game and miss a lot of nuance when watching, but he just seemed to eliminate the mistakes he made early in his career and got better and better.

Heckuva story, a former walk-on to a 4 year starter. I don’t see him being drafted but perhaps signing as an UDFA somewhere.
He Howden, will practice and play his way up from NFL Practice squad to a roster some day. He has the "work ethic" and enough athletic ability to make it. Heck heay earn it without going that route.

Yep, he is 200+ lbs and can run and tackle, he has a legit shot at sticking on an nfl roster due to special teams. He had improved a ton during his time here.

Looking forward to following him in the next chapter of his career.

He's a great open field tackler. You don't hear much about him during the game ... because he simply doesn't make many mistakes during the game. Not a flashy player, but a really dependable, solid player. He has put on a lot of muscle since he showed up as a walk-on---quickly earning a scholarship. He's played back there for four years (no one's beat him out). I think he has the stuff to play in the NFL, but he might have to earn his way onto a team. Wouldn't be surprised to see him him drafted late on day 3 either. As pointed out, he'd be a big asset on special teams from the get-go.

He's another player that so many bashed on this website.....too slow....not athletic enough....why are we playing a walk-on? Just a perfect example of how it takes kids time to develop and if they're willing to put in the time and effort, they can turn into something great.

Yes. One of my favorite gopher football moments of my life and it happened right in front of where my seats were that game.
Same here in 114. I've never hugged that many folks in our section before (or since).

Is he out of eligibility? I honestly don’t know what anything means anymore with all the bonus years.

Top Bottom