Freakishly Hyperintelligent
Reaction score
Schools reported to have offered:
Minnesota
Iowa
Wisconsin
Illinois
Ohio State

Who else has extended an offer? Rumors swirling about USC, Auburn, and Nebraska, but honestly I don't follow recruiting enough to know. Young Pirsig could change that, though.

rivals lists his offers as auburn, illinois, iowa, minnesota, ohio state and wisconsin. they list limegrover and pat poore as the two gopher coaches recruiting him. while its not listed on the official list, a recent artirlce on the michigan state rivals site says they just offered. here is a quote from pirsig about that offer "I have six offers right now," he said. "Illinois offered me on Friday and Michigan State just offered today. I had been speaking with the coaches from Michigan State for a while now and they watched my film and decided to offer." "The coaches I talk with say they really like my athleticism and how physical I am," he said. "The scholarship offers are a dream come true. I wish everyone could have the opportunity to go through the process and have the opportunities I have."

I heard he is hearing from s.henderson on how to get the most out of this recruiting process. Are we going to spend the next year discussing a high school kid. If he comes here great otherwise I could care less about him.

How to get the most out of your recruiting process by Seantrel?! That'd be a funny book to read. I think the only one the Henderson family that knows how the get the most out of the recruiting process is Seantrel's dad, heck, he got famous and started a rap career from the recruiting process.

offers are like snow days at school

Offers are like snow days at school. One school in the area cancels and they all cancel just in case it gets real bad. A few notable schools offer a kid and others are sure to follow. I just think he is a bit overrated. Maybe I'm wrong. I still don't get how a small town school with two DI recruit linemen can't dominate on both sides of the ball. They are surely a foundation to build around. If you any talent at all you should have a pretty good team.

Offers are like snow days at school. One school in the area cancels and they all cancel just in case it gets real bad. A few notable schools offer a kid and others are sure to follow. I just think he is a bit overrated. Maybe I'm wrong. I still don't get how a small town school with two DI recruit linemen can't dominate on both sides of the ball. They are surely a foundation to build around. If you any talent at all you should have a pretty good team.

So your telling me if a team has a horrible running back, qb and no wide recievers and no defense the team should win most of the time. Horrible logic. Having 2 good offensive lineman doesn't make a team. He is not over rated, at all. He has offers from Auburn, USC and Ohio State in March of his junior year.

So your telling me if a team has a horrible running back, qb and no wide recievers and no defense the team should win most of the time. Horrible logic. Having 2 good offensive lineman doesn't make a team. He is not over rated, at all. He has offers from Auburn, USC and Ohio State in March of his junior year.

I think the logic is these two are playing in a league that is probably short on size and weight. These two should be able to change dynamics of a game.We are not talking city schools,but a small rural school. And coming from one of these areas, yes they can make a difference. I would like to hear what the teams running yards per game looks like.
As far as all the offers from the big schools like Auburn,USC, Ohio State does he use one of these consultants like at Oregon? One has to wonder about how a player gets all the publicity especially from rural Mn. :clap::clap:

I think the logic is these two are playing in a league that is probably short on size and weight. These two should be able to change dynamics of a game.We are not talking city schools,but a small rural school. And coming from one of these areas, yes they can make a difference. I would like to hear what the teams running yards per game looks like.
As far as all the offers from the big schools like Auburn,USC, Ohio State does he use one of these consultants like at Oregon? One has to wonder about how a player gets all the publicity especially from rural Mn. :clap::clap:

So that's where he got his new car..... :cool02:

Finally ... somebody gets it.

I too come from a small school. When I played many years ago, we had two outstanding linemen that were seniors. Unfortunately, both got kicked off the team for drinking. In small schools those kids play both ways and make a huge impact. We went from a team that went toe to toe with the eventual state champs to a team that couldn't beat anyone.

Jackie O ... so my point is that exactly as "We Will Win This Week" said. He stated it better than I did. I think at that size of school ... two linemen close to 300 pounds should be difference makers. Their record doesn't indicate that. My thoughts are that they are offering on size and potential. Maturity and better coaching can bring on big changes in an athlete.

I grew up and played HS football a short distance from Blue Earth, where these 2 are from. It was a long time ago and I no longer live in the area. I am checking into the ability of these two from some old buddies that still live in the area and are HS football fanatics. I agree though that BE should absolutely dominate if they have 2 300 pound D-I lineman. It's not like their playing EP or CDH every week.

BTW, I have lived in FL for the past 15+ years and the HS football here is at a whole different level than in Minny. It is not uncommon for one of the larger schools to have as many or more highly rated D-I prospects as the whole state of MN. There are still good players (mostly linemen) that Coach Kill needs to continue to get to stay home though. You have to be happy with the start on in-state recruiting this year.

I too come from a small school. When I played many years ago, we had two outstanding linemen that were seniors. Unfortunately, both got kicked off the team for drinking. In small schools those kids play both ways and make a huge impact. We went from a team that went toe to toe with the eventual state champs to a team that couldn't beat anyone.

Jackie O ... so my point is that exactly as "We Will Win This Week" said. He stated it better than I did. I think at that size of school ... two linemen close to 300 pounds should be difference makers. Their record doesn't indicate that. My thoughts are that they are offering on size and potential. Maturity and better coaching can bring on big changes in an athlete.

Maybe they are difference makers. Maybe they would win 1 game per year without them.

I know how districts decide on snowdays....and you sir...do not.

Last time I checked, offensive linemen do not touch the football. And regardless how good two offensive linemen are, they are 2 of 24 difference makers on the team, aside from coaches.

2 great linemen can make a defense become pretty dominant.
2 great offensive linemen really mean nothing if the other 3 linemen and your skill positions are terrible.

No, you still don't get it. We are talking SMALL schools. If you have 2 good linemen, your momma can get 100+ yards a game and 2 scores. I would also expect these guys play both ways if they are any good at all. With their size alone, they should not allow any run game. I'm sure there are linemen they go against that are 200 lbs max. They probably have 1 other guy that could crack the 2 deeps at Rosemount.

But GophersInIowa may be right - maybe they are a 0 or 1 win team without them.

No, you still don't get it. We are talking SMALL schools. If you have 2 good linemen, your momma can get 100+ yards a game and 2 scores. I would also expect these guys play both ways if they are any good at all. With their size alone, they should not allow any run game. I'm sure there are linemen they go against that are 200 lbs max. They probably have 1 other guy that could crack the 2 deeps at Rosemount.

But GophersInIowa may be right - maybe they are a 0 or 1 win team without them.

What do you consider a "SMALL" school? We arent talking 9 man ball here. Arent they 3A? I know its not the big schools like in the metro, but come on. And I guarantee the lineman they go against are well over 200 lbs.

What do you consider a "SMALL" school? We arent talking 9 man ball here. Arent they 3A? I know its not the big schools like in the metro, but come on. And I guarantee the lineman they go against are well over 200 lbs.

Maybe you should research a little before spouting off. Like rosters of 40-45 players throughout the conference. School has about 100 students per grade. MaxPreps only has height and weight for a team or two but one team has a total of 9 guys over 200 pounds. Most of those guys were listed as OL/DT. The DE were smaller and the LBs were smaller yet. So if you call 193 and 203 - 212 "well over 200 pounds", I guess you're right. :clap:

DL is not exactly just down the road from Blue Earth now is it? Do you even know where it is?

DL is not exactly just down the road from Blue Earth now is it? Do you even know where it is?

Yes buddy, pretty sure I know where it is. We had to play them when I was in school.

And did you happen to see who Blue Earth played last year? Waseca, New Ulm, St Peter, Washburn? Not necessarily small schools, and each has well over 100 kids in each class. But nice try proving your point. Those schools may not be Edina and EP, but they do have athletes.

I grew up right near Blue Earth and do have some familiarity with football in that area. This weekend I talked to a coach whose team plays Blue Earth and got a couple thoughts on Pirsig from him. As of right now he said that Lee is the better of the two but Pirsig has a ton of potential. The big problem for Blue Earth is that they have no skill position players that are even decent. They normally start the game good but struggle in the second half as Lee and Pirsig just get worn down from doing all the work. They rarely get a play off (both play offense and defense) and being the lead blockers on most plays can wear you down in a hurry. He wasn't too worried about them as Blue Earth's fastest player wouldn't crack the top 5 on his team and he said he doesn't have the quickest team. Simply put, two players no matter how big they are can't block 11 defensive players and a good coach can game plan around them fairly easily.

As for size of teams they play against. I just glanced at maxpreps for St. Peter and for OL/DL they had the following weights listed. Seniors: 309, 290, 246, 237 and 203. Juniors: 225, 215 and 212. I would consider 309, 290 and 246 well over 200 and you could include 237 and 225 depending on what your definition of well over 200 is. The rest of them over 200 depends on their fitness and strength as to how tough they are to block. It's not like he is blocking 180 pound kids every game. They also play USC which is a smaller school but they still had six kids 220-250. Washburn has 9 at 220+ with one 326.

I played AAA football in high school in the early 2000s. Our starting offensive line was (LT, LG, C, RG, RT) 245, 205, 240, 225, 285 and defensive line was (DE, DT, DT, DE) 190, 245, 285, 205.

3A football definately isn't 9-man and is definately isn't 5A.

The coaches look at the athlete and the potential. Little has to do with who they compete against. If it did, the kid at Hill-Murray would be in Pirsig's shoes.

I grew up right near Blue Earth and do have some familiarity with football in that area. This weekend I talked to a coach whose team plays Blue Earth and got a couple thoughts on Pirsig from him. As of right now he said that Lee is the better of the two but Pirsig has a ton of potential. The big problem for Blue Earth is that they have no skill position players that are even decent. They normally start the game good but struggle in the second half as Lee and Pirsig just get worn down from doing all the work. They rarely get a play off (both play offense and defense) and being the lead blockers on most plays can wear you down in a hurry. He wasn't too worried about them as Blue Earth's fastest player wouldn't crack the top 5 on his team and he said he doesn't have the quickest team. Simply put, two players no matter how big they are can't block 11 defensive players and a good coach can game plan around them fairly easily.

As for size of teams they play against. I just glanced at maxpreps for St. Peter and for OL/DL they had the following weights listed. Seniors: 309, 290, 246, 237 and 203. Juniors: 225, 215 and 212. I would consider 309, 290 and 246 well over 200 and you could include 237 and 225 depending on what your definition of well over 200 is. The rest of them over 200 depends on their fitness and strength as to how tough they are to block. It's not like he is blocking 180 pound kids every game. They also play USC which is a smaller school but they still had six kids 220-250. Washburn has 9 at 220+ with one 326.

Thank you for proving my point by doing research for me :D

Blue Earth has been decent in the conference but there are teams with more depth. Fairmont has dominated the South Central Conference in football and last year had a last possesion game with Glenco Silver Lake in the playoffs. Fairmont will have 10-11 starters on both sides of the ball (so 20-22 starters) including speed and average of 250-275 across both side of the ball. Returning All Conference QB and RB and WR that runs electronically timed 4.65 and you have a pretty good team. Fairmont beat Blue Earth easily because outside of 2 spots on the line (Pirsig and Lee) Fairmont was better at every other position.

Always music to my ears...

Blue Earth has been decent in the conference but there are teams with more depth. Fairmont has dominated the South Central Conference in football and last year had a last possesion game with Glenco Silver Lake in the playoffs. Fairmont will have 10-11 starters on both sides of the ball (so 20-22 starters) including speed and average of 250-275 across both side of the ball. Returning All Conference QB and RB and WR that runs electronically timed 4.65 and you have a pretty good team. Fairmont beat Blue Earth easily because outside of 2 spots on the line (Pirsig and Lee) Fairmont was better at every other position.

As a Fairmont grad and growing up hating Blue Earth, its always refreshing to hear this. Coach Mahoney is building a really good program (also does sideline chain-gang work at TCF). I have a good buddy that now coaches for BEA and he said they same thing, Lee and Pirsig were the one thing they had.

2 great linemen can make a defense become pretty dominant.
2 great offensive linemen really mean nothing if the other 3 linemen and your skill positions are terrible.

Remember Northfield with Setterstrom? They lost to 1 - 7 Shakopee, not because he was bad. He was obviously the best player on the field. They had little else. I guess U of M got some mileage out of him. Northfield is not big school, but Shakopee had 2A players at the time.

Weights

Blue Earth Area was 2A (likely still is). Some of those schools are 3A in that conference.

Good wrestling program at BEA. Always had some decent athletes in football too. I tend to agree that they should have a better record with any talent around them. We had very few lineman over 220, but had some good athletes at RB, QB, and LB. No one played anything over DIII after HS. Yet ,we finished middle of the conference or so usually. BTW: my weight in HS on the FB roster was inflated around 20%. I'm sure a lot of others' were too. I think it adds some intimidation or something. Curious how accurate all of those weights are now if they're submitted by the school.

Hopefully tO$U gets hit hard by the NCAA like U$C, so Pirsig is less tempted choose the Buckeyes.

Blue Earth Area was 2A (likely still is). Some of those schools are 3A in that conference.

Not sure if you're thinking there other sports but Blue Earth Area has been AAA in football since at least 2002/2003 and I'm fairly certain much further back but that is all the further it shows on the Minnesota-Scores site. Most of there other sports they are a AA school.

Per Scout, Michigan has extended an offer to Pirsig.

Top Bottom