Jon Johnston: Fire Scott Frost! - F@#$ everything! "There is no hope!"

hungan1

Reaction score
You heard it here. Jon Johnston of Corn Nation is "throwing a bucket of shit!" tirade.

"Bryce Benhart doesn't block for shit!" I am so glad the Gophers did not waste any energy on him when he shunned the Gophers.

You heard it here. Jon Johnston of Corn Nation is "throwing a bucket of shit!" tirade.

"Bryce Benhart doesn't block for shit!" I am so glad the Gophers did not waste any energy on him when he shunned the Gophers.

love this guy...mainly because I can't stand scotty frost...I'm laughing my ass off watching this.

Wow, he goes off on Bryce Benhart... not pulling any punches there.

If Bryce hadn't been a complete douche when he turned his back on the Gophers (and his daddy, too)... I might actually feel bad for him.

I don't, though.

If Bryce hadn't been a complete douche when he turned his back on the Gophers (and his daddy, too)... I might actually feel bad for him.

I don't, though.
I really wanted Benhart. But yeah, F that dude.

What I don’t like is the constant underestimating other teams, insinuating that they are losing to inferior teams. Nebraska is the inferior team. This is not the Big 12 with 8 cakewalks.

Yeah. Just like Missouri and Texas A&M. They got into the SEC and.....well they did about the same as they did in the Big12. SEC is overrated. They have one very high-end team and then after that they're just like every other conference.

All I know is this: I woke up this morning to a nice increase in my Draft Kings balance. Confused for a minute, but then realized my Nebraska season wins bet of under 6.5 had paid out. Long live Scott Frost.

I don't, though.
I’m out of the loop, what’s the story on this?

What I don’t like is the constant underestimating other teams, insinuating that they are losing to inferior teams. Nebraska is the inferior team. This is not the Big 12 with 8 cakewalks.
This is what I noticed too. Their message boards are filled with fans who think that way - almost delusional. After ten years of under performing, you're not really under performing, you're just not that good.

This is what I noticed too. Their message boards are filled with fans who think that way - almost delusional. After ten years of under performing, you're not really under performing, you're just not that good.
I also get so tired of their great fan support thing. Yes, they have that sellout streak going. Well, the Cubs have always had great fan support and it took them 100 years to win another World Series.

I do think they have a point in the sense that they are losing to teams with inferior talent. If the Pat Fitzgerald factor is the ability to extract more wins than one would expect relative to their talent, the Scott Frost factor is the ability to squander talent and lose more than one would expect relative to their talent.

I also get so tired of their great fan support thing. Yes, they have that sellout streak going. Well, the Cubs have always had great fan support and it took them 100 years to win another World Series.
When asked about the fans in the fourth quarter JoJo Domann responded -- "Yeah, I mean I noticed that people were leaving, but it had no effect on the game. I don't care and it is what it is. Husker faithful stands by us, fair weather we do need ya." I've always liked him and I think his presser was a good listen. The sellout streak is going to be harder to keep with more fan apathy setting in.

Frost: “A team shouldn't need me to motivate them all the time. That's my job. That's what I do. A great team doesn't need a coach to motivate them all the time.”

I do think they have a point in the sense that they are losing to teams with inferior talent. If the Pat Fitzgerald factor is the ability to extract more wins than one would expect relative to their talent, the Scott Frost factor is the ability to squander talent and lose more than one would expect relative to their talent.
I think I agree with you regarding talent - although with the number of players Nebraska's loses, it would be interesting to see the star ratings of starters vs starters. Then, we get into the whole debate about how accurate the ratings are. Months of debating fun.

My point about their message boards isn't that they think their players are better. It's that I feel they're really saying "we lost again but still have better players". They're willing to say another team has a better coach but aren't willing to concede that it's the program itself that has caught and passed them.

I truly believe that for some it's a defense mechanism that they're probably not even aware of.

Nebraska Big Ten Conference Records by year. Their Big Ten peak was in their 2nd year in the Conference.

2011 - 5-3 - Bo Pelini
2012 - 7-1
2013 - 5-3
2014 - 5-3
2015 - 3-5 - Mike Reilly
2016 - 6-3
2017 - 3-6
2018 - 3-6 - Scott Frost
2019 - 3-6
2020 - 3-5
2021 - 1-5 so far

Oh and as Jon Johnston reminds us, Nebraska fans were very angry that they weren't put into a Division where they could play tOSU, PSU and MI on a regular basis.

Nebraska Big Ten Conference Records by year. Their Big Ten peak was in their 2nd year in the Conference.

2011 - 5-3 - Bo Pelini
2012 - 7-1
2013 - 5-3
2014 - 5-3
2015 - 3-5 - Mike Reilly
2016 - 6-3
2017 - 3-6
2018 - 3-6 - Scott Frost
2019 - 3-6
2020 - 3-5
2021 - 1-5 so far

Oh and as Jon Johnston reminds us, Nebraska fans were very angry that they weren't put into a Division where they could play tOSU, PSU and MI on a regular basis.

They should have stuck with Bo Pelini, but I guess he didn't have the right personality for their program. Whatever that means.

They should have stuck with Bo Pelini, but I guess he didn't have the right personality for their program. Whatever that means.
An even bigger mistake was firing Frank Solich because he had one bad season, 7-7. His overall record in six seasons at Nebraska was 58-19. He went to Ohio U after that for 16 years and went to 11 bowls, finishing with a lifetime record of 173-101.

I’m out of the loop, what’s the story on this?

This is what I've picked up on Bryce.

1. Was a very early #1 target for Fleck. Dad and Bryce or Dad (Gene) and or Bryce didn't like the sales tactic. Too salesy.

2. Was recruited by Nebraska and Wisconsin as well as many other teams.

3. Eventually dad Gene tells Bryce it's time to make a decision and seems to suggest that Nebraska and Scott Frost are the answer. (WI would have been the better answer we see now). They select Nebraska.

4. In interviews, he's asked who offered first. (Minnesota) In same interview he's asked who the worst fans are (Minnesota). Also says Wisconsin is his 2nd choice.

5. Says he chose Nebraska because it was no-BS. Inference to Fleck being BS. (I don't think it's necessarily BS, just the fact Fleck was too smart for Bryce and Gene).

6. Gene evidently has a big mouth in social circles. Still proudly talking smack about Minnesota despite how his son plays. Gene was a frequent tweeter online about how his son should play more and they should run the ball more. This season he has gone quiet however around the time his son got benched. From what I can infer, he's still chattering inside football circles about the U of M.

Bryce should transfer out because he isn't getting better and if Wisconsin would still take him that's where he should transfer to because he's getting worse, not better at Nebraska.

We are used to players leaving Minnesota, but none have done so in such a low-class way has the Benhart's have talking trash back as much as they have along the way.

That's what I can pick up from watching online interviews and reading tea leaves.

From a fan perspective, it's quite incredible because not only has Nebraska not done well, but Frost's trust in Benhart has become one of the most notable shortfalls of that program. It's to the point you would feel bad for the kid if they hadn't made their own bed on this thing already. It's also why I say he should transfer to WI at this point. They could maybe salvage what's left of his career. He would definitely not be a fit here at Minnesota. Not a culture fit at all.

When asked about the fans in the fourth quarter JoJo Domann responded -- "Yeah, I mean I noticed that people were leaving, but it had no effect on the game. I don't care and it is what it is. Husker faithful stands by us, fair weather we do need ya." I've always liked him and I think his presser was a good listen. The sellout streak is going to be harder to keep with more fan apathy setting in.

Almost feel bad for the kid. Seems like a bright kid.
They lack culture however.
That's why they lose. And Frost doesn't know how to fix it.

I don't, though.
What did Benhart do? I know he turned us down but I did not know anything else.

OK saw the later post

I wonder how he would have turned out under Callahan and Fleck. It's all about attitude and fit. He was rated 0.93XX which probably drives his attitude.

“Worst division in P5 football,” says JJ.

(except for the ACC Coastal, ACC Atlantic, PAC 12 North, PAC 12 South. Oh, and the Big 12 is lucky they don’t have divisions, because they would both be worse too.)

Top Bottom