Jon Hoese Game Ball Video

Thanks for posting that Gopher Gold. Awesome video.

Go Gophers!!

You can tell emotions were really high in that locker room. Thanks for the post.

Yeah caught that last night on the BTN. Pretty moving stuff to see the whole team rally around him.

Intense stuff, I was hoping to see video of this, thanks for posting.

No problem, but all credit is due to MV as I got the video off FBT this morning.

That was great to see.

Any word on if Jon is going to play this weekend. I imagine he won't but I haven't heard anything official on it.

That was great to see.

Any word on if Jon is going to play this weekend. I imagine he won't but I haven't heard anything official on it.

Per Shama:

Gophers coach Tim Brewster said fullback Jon Hoese, whose father’s funeral is today, will play in tomorrow’s game against South Dakota. Brewster said he becomes emotional recalling what a loyal fan and “awesome guy” Terry was. The game ball from last week’s win over Middle Tennessee State was given to Terry.

http://www.shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

That was great to see.

If I recall correctly the funeral is today. I would assume it would be his decision depending on how he takes the emotional toll of today.

He could come out of it completely drained and not play, which is perfectly reasonable and noone would even consider being upset with him

Or he could come out and know that his father would want him to play and be the physical and emotional leader he is on this team and be a horse again...

I could see either happening, and i'm sure all Gopher fans will be perfectly fine with whatever decision he makes....

Great find and post.. Thanks!

What an awesome video.. Can't wait for tomorrow!!!

This is a remarkable story. Not that Jon is playing football tomorrow, but how devastating it must be to lose a parent unexpectedly and so suddenly, and yet chooses to be with his teammates. It speaks volumes to how much he values their friendship and how close the team seems to be.

As big of a football fan as I am, I think it's great that he has a close group (in this case, a football team) and an outlet to help himself and his family cope with such a terrible time.

Amazing outpouring of support for the Hoese family this week--I was told approximately 1000 people went to the visitation for Terry last night and there were about 500 people at his funeral today. Willie Van DeSteeg was by Jon's side today. Great poster signed by many of the players as well, expressing their love and support for Jon and his family. Tough time for them but you could truly see how loved Terry and his family are in the community.

Per Shama:

Gophers coach Tim Brewster said fullback Jon Hoese, whose father’s funeral is today, will play in tomorrow’s game against South Dakota. Brewster said he becomes emotional recalling what a loyal fan and “awesome guy” Terry was. The game ball from last week’s win over Middle Tennessee State was given to Terry.

http://www.shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Remember, "Life is Life and Football is just a game!"

Top Bottom