Jon Christenson

wels0081

Reaction score
I enjoyed reading the GH piece on Jon Christenson.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1169

It doesn't look like he has any "big" offers at this point, but I'd love to see the Gophers give the kid a scholarship. A 4.0 GPA, decent speed, strength, and size numbers--- even if he never started a game I think he sounds like a Minnesotan with enough character to contribute to the program.

If we don't offer, I think it shows how recruiting has progressed. A few years back we would have all been excited about a chance to get a kid like this.

"We play some of the best teams in the state and Wisconsin (Stevens Point). We are incredibly excited about that. Iron sharpens iron. Our expectations are very high and to win it all"

The Gophers play some of the best teams in the nation. Recruits and players and fans love that Brewsters approach is right on! Everything is right about expecting to win. Knowing you can win and having that confidence to do it is part of what seperates perrennial winners from perrennial losers... Its easy to see that the Gophers are developing that attitude...! Go Gophers!

If we don't offer, I think it shows how recruiting has progressed. A few years back we would have all been excited about a chance to get a kid like this.

I would be excited about getting a kid like this now. Unlike too many players, this young man is unlikely to get into trouble, flunk out, cause dissension on the team or forget the snap count. Yes, we may only "gain" two "stars" in recruiting him but in return we will gain a player on game days. Now if he can not play at the Big Ten level, none of this matters. But, I would rather have the "bird in the bush" than two birds not actually playing. In college ball, brains count.

Top Bottom