Johnson says Sutherlin has "a little bit of nasty to him"; says Treyton "brings a different piece offensively that can be game-changing"

Personally can't wait to see what Thompson can do. An all level scorer at the Center position could be very fun to watch!
Agreed. Offensively he intrigues me. What he does defensively is maybe more important this year. Not sure if he is a rim protector or anything.

Personally can't wait to see what Thompson can do. An all level scorer at the Center position could be very fun to watch!
So obviously he is not Daniel Oturu. But I remember the 2018 preseason when our only bigs were freshman Oturu, lightly used transfer Matz Stockman, and an injured Eric Curry. Oturu came in and totally exceeded my expectations of what a freshman could to the in the physical B10. If Thompson can even provide 10 minutes per game of serviceable minutes that would be a win IMO.

So obviously he is not Daniel Oturu. But I remember the 2018 preseason when our only bigs were freshman Oturu, lightly used transfer Matz Stockman, and an injured Eric Curry. Oturu came in and totally exceeded my expectations of what a freshman could to the in the physical B10. If Thompson can even provide 10 minutes per game of serviceable minutes that would be a win IMO.
10 productive minutes would be very welcome. However, right now looking at the roster only two other guys, both of whom likely don't want to play the position, can provide minutes at the 5. Ihnen and Battle are the only other possible options to play the other 30 minutes.
I'm sure we'll add one or two somebody's.

Love the “little bit of nasty” comments on Sutherlin. That’s a good sign.

10 productive minutes would be very welcome. However, right now looking at the roster only two other guys, both of whom likely don't want to play the position, can provide minutes at the 5. Ihnen and Battle are the only other possible options to play the other 30 minutes.
I'm sure we'll add one or two somebody's.
You're forgetting about Daniels.

Not saying he's any good, who knows, but he was brought in to provide depth at the 5.

Is nasty like gritty?🤔
Much better than gritty! I'm not underrating the team this year. I see a real harassing defense with a bunch of nasty smalls pressing hard with a lot of turnover points. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

I think when he says "nasty", what he means is "nasty". Like with a chip on his shoulder......

You're forgetting about Daniels.

Not saying he's any good, who knows, but he was brought in to provide depth at the 5.
Yes sir, 6'9" Charlie Daniels. I did forget him and so have the roster people on GopherSports.
That's quite the collection of 5 man candidates so far. Not sure I wasn't more optimistic before
your reminder. :d

I am wondering what the GH’s would expect the new head coach to say —- not worth damm defensively and a real joke on offense? Come on people, you all smarter than that.

Top Bottom