Johnny Manziel's classload consists of 4 online courses in sports management

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Johnny Manziel went to the Super Bowl where he hung out with the guys from Duck Dynasty. He was photographed with several other SEC players at Mardi Gras in New Orleans and spent part of NBA's All-Star weekend in Houston with rapper and friend Wale.

Johnny Football still finds time to be a college student too, even though the Texas A&M star doesn't have to be on campus very often for classes. His schedule this semester consists of four online classes in sports management, and he just got done with a series of tests and other work.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...ziel-texas-aggies-adjusting-post-heisman-fame

Go Gophers!!

Luuuucky! Wish i could hang out with Duck Dynasty and Wale, whoever the hell they are.

The school could argue that he is also working on promoting aTm given his Heisman status....his life really sucks.

Can you imagine how NDSU would react if the Gophers ever have another Heisman winner? I am sure the Bison fans would insist that he wasn't good enough to make their team.

This type of story is the exact reason why I laugh when certain programs are caught "cheating". I think it would be hard to find a program that has had elite success that would stand up to a thorough investigation.

Sid has been dreaming about this happening over at the U for 40 years.

I bet they have to close late registration for any on campus classes he enrolls in come fall.

The whole school would know what time he takes every class the moment he walked in any given lecture hall. And half the school would probably try to register for that exact course after they found out.

The only way all of this potential cheating can be stopped is to do this:

Division 1A:

1. Each school throw $11 Million into the hat.
2. Each school is allowed to spend $10 million of that $11 million.
3. How that $10 is spent is up to each school, i.e., Coaches salaries or to players.
4. It'll never work because some players at certain schools would have to take a cut in pay.

So forget that idea.

Luuuucky! Wish i could hang out with Duck Dynasty and Wale, whoever the hell they are.

Wale is a D.C. based rapper and my absolute favorite musical artist, so in that matter (and many more) I am quite jealous of Johnny Football. As far as Duck Dynasty goes, I've heard of it but I haven't the slightest idea what it is.

for those interested:

I remember when Wale first got big in 2007, he's great. DC or Nothing is my favorite song.

PS: for anyone who cares, you pronounce it Wah-Lay

In all seriousness, what is so weird about 4 online classes? There are entire bachelor and master degree programs that are 100% online. Heck, I remember a semester I had in college way back in 2004 when I had two classes online and two classes in the traditional face-to-face setting. It is probably easier for everyone if he doesn't attend class. I would imagine that creates quite amount of buzz when he walks into the room.

How do we know that these online classes are real classes and not just some sycophant pretending to be an online class?

The only reason why he takes online classes is because he is so popular and anytime that he would be on campus he would be stopped by merely everyone. Don't blame him for the easy classes because he is still young in the college process so he is still taking introductory courses... This story is very biased on the fact that everything in college is easy for him, but its just because he is so popular it's not worth it to be on campus.

it's all a hoax. A couple years from now we'll see Ronaiah Tuiasosopo on Dr. Phil again explaining how he faked being an online college sports management class for 4 years.

In all seriousness, what is so weird about 4 online classes? There are entire bachelor and master degree programs that are 100% online. Heck, I remember a semester I had in college way back in 2004 when I had two classes online and two classes in the traditional face-to-face setting. It is probably easier for everyone if he doesn't attend class. I would imagine that creates quite amount of buzz when he walks into the room.

+1. Welcome to 2013 folks, online classes are all over. Chances are pretty good that he has to interact with his classmates online. Online does not mean all alone, it just means you don't meet in a class setting.

He is simply seeking the truth. After all, no one can say anything on internet that isn't true.

+1. Welcome to 2013 folks, online classes are all over. Chances are pretty good that he has to interact with his classmates online. Online does not mean all alone, it just means you don't meet in a class setting.
I just missed out. The Internet was out there as a resource when I was in college, but it was nowhere near where it's at now. I remember doing research for papers and piling through hard copies of old magazines or articles that the library had stored on microfiche. The hours I spent researching would have taken me about 30 minutes nowadays. Damn kids with their rock and roll music.

I just missed out. The Internet was out there as a resource when I was in college, but it was nowhere near where it's at now. I remember doing research for papers and piling through hard copies of old magazines or articles that the library had stored on microfiche. The hours I spent researching would have taken me about 30 minutes nowadays. Damn kids with their rock and roll music.

Reminds me of a response by Ronald Reagan, when a group of college kids reminded him that modern technology has become so advanced that people of his generation can't keep up. Reagan's reply? "That could be, my friends, but it was our older generation that invented it."

Well, the University of Phoenix has an NFL-quality stadium they're loaning out to the Cardinals ;) Maybe they can start recruiting and actually field a football team now?

Well, let's invite them to join the B1G? They will be called the Phoenix Dodos.

Do any non athletes major in sports management? What kind of job does this major lead to?

Do any non athletes major in sports management? What kind of job does this major lead to?

I am a current sport management major and I work in the athletic communications office at the U. It is actually one of the quickest growing industries and majors in the country. We take classes in sport business, marketing, facilities, law, etc. I have actually had relatively few athletes in my classes so to answer your question, yes, many non athletes major in sport management. More athletes seem to major in kinesiology. Basically, if you want to work in sports, sport management is one of your better options.

Yes. I currently work for a minor league baseball team. There are tons of jobs out there in pro and college sports, YMCA's, park & rec departments, etc.

I remember hearing Matt Leinart taking like ballroom dancing as his only class the year the lost to VY and Texas in the Rose Bowl when he was at USC.

Top Bottom