Johnny Dawkins

WanderingGopher

Reaction score
How does Johnny Dawkins of Stanford keep his job? Took over a great program, and has since led them to ONE tourney appearance in 7 years. And in that one, they were likely one of the last teams to sneak in. This year he had a veteran team full of 4* and 5* talent. Again they miss the tourney.

What gives? This guy is awful.

(P.S. Yes, still think RT got it wrong).

I literally could not think of Rashad Vaughn's name the other day. I had been wondering what he did this year since I hadn't heard anything about him or UNLV all season long. Every time I tried to recall his name, I kept thinking Rodney Williams hahaha. Looks like he put up numbers but the team really struggled. I think most of us were kind of expecting that result. Too bad he didn't see that coming. I doubt he enters the draft.

Travis Reid was also a forgotten player. He put up solid numbers for a freshman, but like you said his team also under performed and his coach will likely be on the hot seat. I have to imagine Dawkins' has only survived a firing thus far because he has been a pretty solid recruiter.

Would have been an interesting year if Vaughn and Travis Reid had stayed home.

I literally could not think of Rashad Vaughn's name the other day. I had been wondering what he did this year since I hadn't heard anything about him or UNLV all season long. Every time I tried to recall his name, I kept thinking Rodney Williams hahaha. Looks like he put up numbers but the team really struggled. I think most of us were kind of expecting that result. Too bad he didn't see that coming. I doubt he enters the draft.

Travis Reid was also a forgotten player. He put up solid numbers for a freshman, but like you said his team also under performed and his coach will likely be on the hot seat. I have to imagine Dawkins' has only survived a firing thus far because he has been a pretty solid recruiter.

Would have been an interesting year if Vaughn and Travis Reid had stayed home.

Both were injured for significant time this year.

Vaughn was out since middle of February and I believe TR missed some time in the middles of the season, but played minutes late in the year.

Stanford made the Sweet 16 last year. He has underachieved, but hard to fire a guy a year after making the Sweet 16.

Top Bottom