John Michael Schmitz: 12-29-21. The day she said yes. Can’t believe I am marrying my best friend I met in grade school

Impressive. I'm assuming they have been dating for a while? It's difficult to sustain a relationship through those formative years. People change so much from middle school to college.

Congrats to JMS! Hopefully that boot is very temporary.

Happy for JMS! As a long-time, one-time, and still, married guy, I hope they have as long and happy married life together.

Now, I can’t resist a little good-natured humor:
- I guess the days of him calling out the assignments are over. 😉
- save the walking boot for when the ankle gets sore from dragging around the “ol’ ball and chain” 😂 . . . I am100% JK!

Seriously, . . . Good Luck to them both, and congratulations!!

As a member of the "Century Club" (married to same person, worked at same company, living in same house = 100 or more years), I congratulate you JMS and wish you a long, happy and prosperous marriage!

As a member of the "Century Club" (married to same person, worked at same company, living in same house = 100 or more years), I congratulate you JMS and wish you a long, happy and prosperous marriage!
Wow … didn’t realize I was able to achieve the numbers necessary to be in this exclusive club … 105 and counting!

Congratulations JMS!

May you live a wonderful prosperous life and produce future Gophers.

Do you still get this exclusive title if one or more of the three stops adding to the total?

Huh. Never heard of this.... I'm sitting at 99.....

Congrats to JMS.

I am at 90, would be 105 if I counted my first job instead of my second job out of college. 117 counting both jobs….but that doesn’t count….

I got married at 36 and have been going happily for almost 18 years. I can’t fathom how different my life would be had I gotten married at 21.

Top Bottom