John L. Smith Named Interim Arkansas coach? Razorbacks NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

GoAUpher

Section 246
Reaction score
286117274_23fe97dbd6_o.gif

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...as-coach.ap/index.html?sct=hp_t2_a3&eref=sihp

Sorry Deltahog. That's a bad break.

It's fine.
All the assistants are in place and will run the team.
John L was told to sit back and let them do their jobs.

The AD made it very clear he would be here for 10 months.
The AD even said "John L will help us transition to our new coach after this season"

Yea, at the time I heard the news I wasn't thinking about his recent stint as an asst. at Arkansas. It's just crazy enough to work. I'm hoping he won't sit back too much though. The rest of the CFB world wants more crazy interviews and Q&A's from the man.

So Arkansas passed on Coach Kill? According to Sid, he was a top candidate :cool02:

that article is all over the place. I think it ended up besmirching McNutt.

I agree with you. He has the experience to handle the administrative and organizational type stuff that a head coach has to deal with. He can calm and steady the ship and prepare it for the next captain.

If he does for you what Horton did for us after Brewster was dismissed, He'll be back into coaching elsewhere.

He isn't at the level Arkansas desires for the long term, but he wasn't the worst coach either. I think this was/ is a great plan by Arkansas. Behind the scenes, they can work on who they really want and approach/ introduce him when the time is appropriate.

I dunno, Seems like a bit of a jerk move for him to leave Weber State after 4 months for an interim position. Seems like a bit of a jerk move for Arkansas to consider him as well.

Seems like a bit of a jerk move for Arkansas to consider him as well.
Arkansas was a dark horse national title contender. They care about salvaging their season, not about Weber State. And I don't blame them.

'Ole Slappy back in the saddle again! He was a fish out of water here @ Michigan State but I think he'll do just fine keeping the train on the tracks for 10 months @ Arkansas. I wish him well.

Top Bottom