John Gruden resigns: NFL Network

I’m guessing that some fine Tennessee whiskey might have guided Jon’s fingers through those emails.

Pat McAfee has a great breakdown about this on his show today.

the first amendment provides freedom of speech. but it does not protect you from the repercussions of that speech.

with Gruden, it was the accumulation. if he had just ripped Goodell, that's one thing. but he ripped Goodell, women refs, gays, etc. Not to mention getting pix of naked cheerleaders from his buddy in Washington. In 2021, it's just not a good look to be exposed as anti-women, anti-gay, anti-black and anti-social justice. I don't know if any coach could survive that in today's climate.

A narcissistic ass is, ahem, a naracissitic ass.

pro tip - objects in the mirror are closer than they appear.
Biden is a narcissistic ass.......as big as they come.

That's my whole point.

the first amendment provides freedom of speech. but it does not protect you from the repercussions of that speech.

with Gruden, it was the accumulation. if he had just ripped Goodell, that's one thing. but he ripped Goodell, women refs, gays, etc. Not to mention getting pix of naked cheerleaders from his buddy in Washington. In 2021, it's just not a good look to be exposed as anti-women, anti-gay, anti-black and anti-social justice. I don't know if any coach could survive that in today's climate.
Was that really ever a good look? Maybe part of the problem is people think this is some new age thing. How about just being nice? That's timeless.

We’re gonna e e e eat pizza from Casey’s and watch the football game hut yeah!

Link to any of the anti-black comments? Asking honestly, I haven't seen anything like that but I sure could have missed it. That would be really surprising as he has a lifetime body of work teaching and leading young men and has championed getting a number of NFL coaches of color their shot at coaching at higher levels in the league. It would be kinda hard to imagine anyone LESS racist than Gruden

Link to any of the anti-black comments?
When he said his lips were as big as the Michelin man. That was a racist trope about Black people having big lips.

No need for you to lie about a gross racist remark, here.

the bigger issue for some - the NFL has reportedly gone through something like 100,000 e-mails as part of the investigation into Daniel Snyder and the Washington Football Team.

and the only ones that get leaked are the ones that torpedo Gruden's career.......

Some are crying conspiracy.

and now there is a to-do over Adam Schefter apparently showing a WFT official an article before Schefter published it - also exposed from one of the WFT e-mails.

who is leaking these, and are they targeting certain individuals - while shielding others?

hmmm.......

the bigger issue for some - the NFL has reportedly gone through something like 100,000 e-mails as part of the investigation into Daniel Snyder and the Washington Football Team.

and the only ones that get leaked are the ones that torpedo Gruden's career.......

and now there is a to-do over Adam Schefter apparently showing a WFT official an article before Schefter published it - also exposed from one of the WFT e-mails.

who is leaking these, and are they targeting certain individuals - while shielding others?

hmmm.......
650,000 emails were looked at. Plus the report provided by the investigator orally so there is no investigative report to leak, which at a minimum is convenient at the maximum it’s a cover up.

hmmm.......
My cash in on Jerry!

hmmm.......
It smells fishy, that's for sure.

If this is the litmus test, there's gonna be a lot less individuals included in rings of honor....
What is the litmus test? These were actual crimes he pled guilty to in order to receive a reduced sentence. Gruden was just a racist jack ass and womanizer, but those are not actual crimes.

I am all for a separation between on field and off field people. Too many times players are out on pedestals they do not deserve because of on field play. Darren Sharper being exhibit A of someone who appeared to be great on the field and in reality was a serial rapist.

Maybe that's not a bad thing?
Not saying it isn't. People have a tendency to overlook a lot of player misconduct. My point was if we're lumping all "crimes against women" together, then a ton of players should be pulled from being honored. It seems there is a line in there somewhere that we tolerate some, but not all. I mean, you have the Kareem Hunt/Tyreek Hill/Richard Sherman types, and then you have the full-on creepo Darren Sharper types. Of course, the better you are, the more people will tolerate. Just the nature of sportsfandom.

Top Bottom