John Gruden resigns: NFL Network

Gruden is done as an NFL coach/commentator.

Maybe some non-sports cable channels we can all imagine will give him a shot.

He should have criticized whites and christians had he wanted to keep his job.

Oh well

Good riddance. Some of those emails were shockingly bad.

Hopefully there's a few people who get this reference:

Lol interesting interpretation of the events. You think those emails were criticisms?
ripped them, criticized, mocked them

Whatever......pick the word you want.

ripped them, criticized, mocked them

Whatever......pick the word you want.
I'd be interested in hearing you break down the emails and defend his choice of words and/or positions. As I get the impression you don't think he did anything wrong.

Remember that this was consistent behavior over many years. He never learned or got better.

I'd be interested in hearing you break down the emails and defend his choice of words and/or positions. As I get the impression you don't think he did anything wrong.

Remember that this was consistent behavior over many years. He never learned or got better.
He hit the motherload on his emails; he left nobody untouched. I"m just glad this had almost nothing to do with saying somebody had big lips. Reading some of the comments he made, it's pretty funny reading, no doubt about it.

I imagine calling the NFL Commissioner all the derogatory names that he did weighed pretty heavily, not to mention complaining about female officials, you name it. He hit on just about everything

He hit the motherload on his emails; he left nobody untouched.
It is really quite impressive.

And while I'm happy to see him gone, I would be even happier if the league did something about Antonio Brown and Tyreek Hill now.

Now I don’t wanna die on this hill either, but it’s interesting how these emails happen to be leaked but not a single email has leaked from the investigation into Dan Snyder. This is a perfect example of forcing someone out through public perspective. Remember there were 650,000 emails that were reviewed and only the Gruden ones were leaked. Plus the lawyer that did the investigation did not make a written report only provided the NFL with oral recommendations and finding meaning there is no report to leak against the NFL of WFT. It’s a great day to be a billionaire.

It is really quite impressive.

And while I'm happy to see him gone, I would be even happier if the league did something about Antonio Brown and Tyreek Hill now.
Not to excuse the players behavior, but they have a CBA and a Union. Gruden doesn't.

Is Sean Hannity or Tucker crying crocodile tears for him yet?
They’ll be a week long report on his “canceling.”

thise dingbats used to stand for accountability until it started to include white males, then the beatch brigade whining crocodile tears ad infinitum.

He should have criticized whites and christians had he wanted to keep his job.

Oh well
A narcissistic ass is, ahem, a naracissitic ass.

pro tip - objects in the mirror are closer than they appear.

At the end of the day, it's not unlike just about any other industry in any other walk of life; does your talent outweigh your baggage/distraction. Things leak when someone wants them leaked. Gruden wasn't exactly lighting it up in the W-L column, perhaps not so coincidentally this gives Davis an easy out of that contract?

No doubt Davis was regretting that contract over the last 12-15 months. Four years in, in a brutal division, the Raiders could very well have been looking at missing the playoffs again. Boom, emails 'leaked', Gruden out the door.

At the end of the day, it's not unlike just about any other industry in any other walk of life; does your talent outweigh your baggage/distraction. Things leak when someone wants them leaked. Gruden wasn't exactly lighting it up in the W-L column, perhaps not so coincidentally this gives Davis an easy out of that contract?

No doubt Davis was regretting that contract over the last 12-15 months. Four years in, in a brutal division, the Raiders could very well have been looking at missing the playoffs again. Boom, emails 'leaked', Gruden out the door.
I can't imagine Davis wanting this kind of crazy storm when that stadium is packing them in with seemingly unlimited goodwill from Vegas. It is a daunting division, but KC is vulnerable.

Then again, he is his father's son...

Last edited:

Cant' he just do a Joy Reid and say he's sorry and move on?

Everything he said about the commissioner had me laughing. It's so true.

He hit the motherload on his emails; he left nobody untouched. I"m just glad this had almost nothing to do with saying somebody had big lips. Reading some of the comments he made, it's pretty funny reading, no doubt about it.

I imagine calling the NFL Commissioner all the derogatory names that he did weighed pretty heavily, not to mention complaining about female officials, you name it. He hit on just about everything
It was like an episode of South Park he ripped everyone.

It was like an episode of South Park he ripped everyone.
That's my whole point.

Ripping the commissioner, I bet all those coaches do it behind closed curtains. Have any of you ripped your boss?

I was pretty much laughing at reading all of that.

That's my whole point.

Ripping the commissioner, I bet all those coaches do it behind closed curtains. Have any of you ripped your boss?

I was pretty much laughing at reading all of that.
Im sure DeMarcus Smith rips the commissioner on a daily basis as the commissioner is the one trying to screw the players over in contract negotiations. You just don’t write anything down. Hence the report the NFL got on the WFT was given orally by the investigator. No written report so no report to leak and further tarnish an owner in the league.

Time and again: don't put it in an email/text.

Doing that, is your own fault.

Im sure DeMarcus Smith rips the commissioner on a daily basis as the commissioner is the one trying to screw the players over in contract negotiations. You just don’t write anything down. Hence the report the NFL got on the WFT was given orally by the investigator. No written report so no report to leak and further tarnish an owner in the league.
It boggles the mind, even to this day, what people put in an email particularly a WORK email. Not hard to imagine that a shitload of people in the league hold many of the same opinions as Gruden on one or many of the issues he railed on. It's a highly testosterone driven sport for cryin' out loud. Even today's young generation, the stupid shit they put on social media, just boggles the mind.

I remember early in my working days, the muckdiggers and bottom feeders at the STrib (for no apparent reason at the time) filed a FOIA on the MnDOT for emails from everyone all the way to the Commissioner; hundreds of thousands of emails, and then proceeded to write a very very unflattering article about things they saw in emails. A great deal of training followed that episode, to say the least.

Top Bottom