Joey O'Connor

Reaction score
Anybody know anything if the Gophs are a serious contender or if it's just something to get our hopes up? Not trying to get free GI info, but I figured i'd ask anyways. Obviously getting any O-Lineman is awesome, but landing a top one would be insane!

It looks like the O line will be a strength of this team in the near future. A lot of good youg talent and a staff that knows how to coach them. I am excited for the future of this program. JERRY< JERRY< JERRY.

It appears that he's starting from scratch with the teams that had shown interest in him from before his commitment. We were among those teams so we have a fair shot.

Anybody know anything if the Gophs are a serious contender or if it's just something to get our hopes up? Not trying to get free GI info, but I figured i'd ask anyways. Obviously getting any O-Lineman is awesome, but landing a top one would be insane!

Ok. I'll spill the beans.

O'Conner has had many contacts since he decomitted from Penn State. TCU, Cal, Tennessee, Boise State, Minnesota are amonst those that have offered and Iowa and Oregon are sniffing around.

The kid has four visits to give and is doing his homework. He will go to school with strong tradition, family atmosphere amongst the team, college and community, and one with a great coaching staff. He knows what he wants but has no idea where he will end up at this time.

Coach Limegrover has been hands on and there is a connection between one of his HS coaches and the Gopher staff which can be helpful.

The Gophers offered prior to his verbal to PSU but respectfully sat on the sidelines until he de-committed. Sounds like the staff is working him hard.

If the this guy visits it would be like the the Big J coming down from above. Don't get your hopes up even though the Gophers are getting an in-home visit. Look at his offer sheet.

FWIW, one of his HS coach's brother is on the Gopher staff.

I spent many years in sales, all you can ask for is a shot, win or lose, at least we're in the game. I'll give the staff credit they don't seem to miss an opportunity to make a pitch. Just remember, a recruit can't say yes, unless you give them a chance to say no.

I spent many years in sales, all you can ask for is a shot, win or lose, at least we're in the game. I'll give the staff credit they don't seem to miss an opportunity to make a pitch. Just remember, a recruit can't say yes, unless you give them a chance to say no.
So true!

Top Bottom