Joey likely done for the season

A tightly officiated game is not in our favor.

I would suspect the officials will be well aware of the situations and we'll see a pretty "loosely" officiated game. Without question.

What Buggs really says to Pitino: "Coach what was that play again?" The guy is soooo frustrating- I have had high hopes for him all along. There is so much ability there. Oh well- I hope he goes off against Rutgers. I believe that we are seeing the final games of his career here. No inside knowledge but the writing is on the wall.

Not to derail this thread but is there really a lot of ability there? Outside of being 6'8 and not a clutz what ability does he really have? He can hit an outside shot, I wouldn't say he's a good shooter. He can jump, I wouldn't say he's a great athlete. He can block a shot once in a while, I don't think he's a good defender. I guess I don't see the ability. There are plenty of guys with a lot of ability, that don't put it all together and are still useful players. Buggsy is a senior-aged guy and still nothing more than an ideal 10th man.

I feel so awful for Joey, I wish he could play these last two games, he doesn't deserve to go out like this.

Whoever pissed off the basketball gods, please say you're sorry.

Things even out in the long run, so it's good to use up all the bad karma in one year.

I've been on "the long run" all my life, and am so far behind I will never get everything evened out.

Pretty sure a meteor will hit Williams Arena soon. I feel terrible for King going out like this.

I considered not watching this game but now it's a can't miss. This might be the worst BT conference matchup ever!

Let's just televise the managers matchup and call it a day. (This is a great article, from ESPN, about the managers and their games beforehand.)

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/14831478/the-student-managers-ncaa-best-programs-match-game-day

Perhaps we could call in a couple ringers. I bet Hoffarber can still light it up.

Yes, there are people with basketballs on the court, doing what James Naismith's rules suggest one do with a basketball on a court, what Wilt Chamberlain and 28 other first-team All-Americans have done on this, their home court. They're dribbling and shooting.

But they're ... well, ordinary. Ordinary-looking, ordinary-sized -- taking ordinary shots, and talking about ordinary things such as exams and internships.

And there's no one in the stands. Not a single person in a single seat, not all the way to the tippy-top of the place where the walls meet the retired jersey-stuffed rafters.

There are students waiting outside for the best seats in the house -- the ones currently unoccupied. But the students don't move to come in. They're working on their laptops, scrolling through their phones, listening to their music.

And right now, there is absolutely no need to pay heed to anyone.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're not camping out for us,'' deadpans Kansas manager Chip Kueffer, who's in the fourth year of a five-year special education major.

Welcome to the manager games -- lowercase m, lowercase g -- the showcase for one of the lowest, yet among the most crucial, species on the college basketball evolutionary ladder.

Sweat moppers by day, court mavens by night -- these are the true basketball Cinderellas. They gather late, sometimes after midnight, to play the game in some of the sport's most famous arenas -- only to return to reality the next morning, with towels, not jerseys, slung over shoulders.

So, yes, the game might be at Allen Fieldhouse, but this isn't a Phog-level crowd, to put it kindly. But across the country, on courts as storied as this one, they still play, in front of bleachers just as empty.

Top Bottom