Joey likely done for the season

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Per Amelia tweets.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Can we still knock off Rutgers and keep the Scarlet Knights' B1G futility going?

That's darn sad. Tough to end your career with a poor shooting night and the team in disarray; kind of a bad aftertaste.

He'll finish with the best free throw percentage in school history, and I don't think it's even close. Well done, Mr. King.

Wow. Let's get every bit of bad out this year. As Garp once said, and I hope applies to our next season: "It's been pre-disastered! We'll be safe here.” – T.S. Garp

I'm assuming stress fracture? Only way a tournament appearance would even be a consideration.
Kind of sad for him and then again, maybe not. It might be a relief to call it over.
The Rutgers game should be 'interesting'.

That's too bad. Joey is a Gopher through and through.

I'm assuming stress fracture? Only way a tournament appearance would even be a consideration.
Kind of sad for him and then again, maybe not. It might be a relief to call it over.

I stress fractured my foot in 2011 playing basketball on a YMCA gym that had a short wall next to the end line. Foot pressed against wall, man hit me, foot cracked, swelled, healed. Let's just say I wasn't the same on the court for 4 years. I could play, but I had no confidence and it had pain for a good 4 year stretch.

No two injuries are the same, but stress fractures in the foot are particularly annoying as they generally are "ok to play on" but never go away because you're always playing on it.

Point being, its could be a great little way for Joey to remember his last month of college basketball for the next couple years every time he hits the court.

I say Buggs goes out in a blaze of glory- hits 7 straight 3's and we win by one. :) I think we catch Rutgers being over confident in this one.

I know that Pitino suggested that maybe they were going to suit up a couple of managers before Illinois. Do they almost have to do that now?

I know that Pitino suggested that maybe they were going to suit up a couple of managers before Illinois. Do they almost have to do that now?

If we don't, I think we'd only have 7 guys suited up. Can you imagine being a student manager that may actually get some PT? What a life story that will be. If it happens, they will literally be able to say they are a college basketball player in the Big Ten.

I would now say this with 100% certainty, and I say it as someone who likes John Groce.

If the Gophers beat Illinois in Indianapolis, Groce has no chance to return to Champaign-Urbana in 2016-17. The Illini have been bit by the injury bug since well before the season started, but losing to the Gophers now becomes a fireable offense.

I say Buggs goes out in a blaze of glory- hits 7 straight 3's and we win by one. :) I think we catch Rutgers being over confident in this one.
Make the popcorn & cue up the Hoosiers soundtrack! I guess it could happen, and if its going to, that's where!
How will Vegas deal with coming up with the odds on this one? -10 was ridiculous for Wisconsin.

. ... How will Vegas deal with coming up with the odds on this one? -10 was ridiculous for Wisconsin.

I thought the same thing, but look how the game ended up. The Badgers covered (while sleepwalking through most of the 2nd half), but not by much. The Gophers had it down to 11 (?) and 1 or 2 possessions late in the game with a chance to cut it to single digits. Am amazed how often the Vegas lines are pretty much spot on.

I play daily fantasy basketball over on Fanduel. They've pulled all players from the Gophers/Rutgers game from the player pool.

So we got Murphy, Buggs, Gaston, Konate, Gilbert. Sharp, Mike L., Hugh Plus maybe some managers. It will be ugly.
PG Sharp
SG Gilbert
SF Buggs
PF Murphy
C Konate

I thought the same thing, but look how the game ended up. The Badgers covered (while sleepwalking through most of the 2nd half), but not by much. The Gophers had it down to 11 (?) and 1 or 2 possessions late in the game with a chance to cut it to single digits. Am amazed how often the Vegas lines are pretty much spot on.
Very true - and we had been beating the spread of late. Given what I see as huge unpredictability in BB, it is amazing.

So we got Murphy, Buggs, Gaston, Konate, Gilbert. Sharp, Mike L., Hugh Plus maybe some managers. It will be ugly.
PG Sharp
SG Gilbert
SF Buggs
PF Murphy
C Konate

A walk-on that has hardly played all year (Sharp) probably is #2 on Rutgers' scouting report.

PG Sharp
SG Gilbert
SF Buggs
PF Murphy
C Konate

A tightly officiated game is not in our favor.

Make the popcorn & cue up the Hoosiers soundtrack! I guess it could happen, and if its going to, that's where!
How will Vegas deal with coming up with the odds on this one? -10 was ridiculous for Wisconsin.

Buggs to coach Pitino, "I'll make it!"

So did we get the "karma is a b****" out of the way this year , so that next year will be amazing?

Call in the shamans and check the facilities for ancient burial sites!!! [emoji83] [emoji84]

Can Rachel suit up as a walk-on?

We're a little thin at guard.

I liked Konate in that "Jamal Crawford instant offense off the bench role". Now that he's starting, I don't like our chances as much

There is not even an entire squad of scholarship players available for the Rutgers game if you combine both teams. That game is going to be something to treasure.

Buggs to coach Pitino, "I'll make it!"

What Buggs really says to Pitino: "Coach what was that play again?" The guy is soooo frustrating- I have had high hopes for him all along. There is so much ability there. Oh well- I hope he goes off against Rutgers. I believe that we are seeing the final games of his career here. No inside knowledge but the writing is on the wall.

I would now say this with 100% certainty, and I say it as someone who likes John Groce.

If the Gophers beat Illinois in Indianapolis, Groce has no chance to return to Champaign-Urbana in 2016-17. The Illini have been bit by the injury bug since well before the season started, but losing to the Gophers now becomes a fireable offense.

You like John Groce as a person? Because I don't know what reason you could have for liking him as a coach.

Top Bottom