Joe Schmit: Have confirmed that Eric Kaler and Mark Coyle flew to Chicago for a mtg

Isn't it true that the Florida State TE's coach has a great-aunt that lives near O'hare? Maybe that's who they are visiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was the most satisfied I have ever left the stadium feeling. Scott Eckers carved up the Badgers and so did Darkins.

That game was awesome! I will never forget Jeff Rosga's pick six. The Dome was just electric!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not saying I think they should be reinstated, but if I'm the new HC, I ask that the 5 that that are on suspension/probation are reinstated and the other 5 get a 1 yr suspension as part of my agreement to become HC. That gives you a better team to start off with and buys you instant credibility with the players on the team.

Another Wacker?

This is exactly what I am concerned about is getting another Wacker or Brewster type. I'm really concerned about getting some OC or DC who supposedly is a good recruiter and all that other BS. I just don't think these top candidates that have been mentioned are going to want to come here, I could be wrong.

I think it's very notable that Kaler made the trip as well. Possible reasons Kaler might have went along...

- Things are farther along than we might expect.
- Kaler has Coyle on a short leash
- They want to convince the prospective coach that he'll have full support from leadership and explain the Claeys situation.

Regardless of the reason, it's very interesting. You can't expect Kaler to be making all the trips required during a potential multi week search.
Stalin rarely trusted his right hand man...

I think it's very notable that Kaler made the trip as well. Possible reasons Kaler might have went along...

- Things are farther along than we might expect.
- Kaler has Coyle on a short leash
- They want to convince the prospective coach that he'll have full support from leadership and explain the Claeys situation.

Regardless of the reason, it's very interesting. You can't expect Kaler to be making all the trips required during a potential multi week search.

It might be a combination of these factors. It is also possible that any negotiations will happen faster with the President there. The ultimate authority for approval on the contract may be the President. There is no question that they want this wrapped up fast for obvious reasons.

I know in these situations in the past, multiple candidates will interview/meet with an AD in a city that is fairly easy to travel to. I believe the Gophers interviewed Dan Monson and others out of state, but not in Washington. Also, Eric Musselman and others were allegedly due to fly in to Florida to meet with Teague after Pitino.

I just heard, that Kaler and Coyle are on their way to the Caribbean. Word is it is easier to interview while on the beach.

It might be a combination of these factors. It is also possible that any negotiations will happen faster with the President there. The ultimate authority for approval on the contract may be the President. There is no question that they want this wrapped up fast for obvious reasons.

Coaching contracts are signed by the coach, the Board of Regents (usually signed by the President's Chief of Staff), the AD, and the General Counsel.

Not saying I think they should be reinstated, but if I'm the new HC, I ask that the 5 that that are on suspension/probation are reinstated and the other 5 get a 1 yr suspension as part of my agreement to become HC. That gives you a better team to start off with and buys you instant credibility with the players on the team.

No thanks, agree that some of them stay but Djam definitely has to go, 1) for involving the recruit, 2) for sharing the video and tweeting with teammates which escalated the incident. Bye Bye Mr. Djam.

Top Bottom