Joe Paterno

gold04

Reaction score
Poster are throwing out a lot of names for our next coach, so why not Joe? In comparing us and PSU we have a lot more national titles and we have a newer stadium. I know some are concerned about Joe's age but I think Joe will be around until the new Millenium.

Did you know he got Lasik and only sports the glasses for style?

No, he would use us as a stepping stone and be gone in 3 years.

Half-serious, never really thought about it, but what about Jay Paterno? I think his name is Jay, but Joe's son. I thought I read somewhere when Joe really does retire they are going to look outside the school and start fresh for their next coach. Something along their lines of it would be too much pressure to hire an assistant that is already there.

I am going to be serious, I know nothing about Jay (if that is even his name).

Poster are throwing out a lot of names for our next coach, so why not Joe? In comparing us and PSU we have a lot more national titles and we have a newer stadium. I know some are concerned about Joe's age but I think Joe will be around until the new Millenium.

Beaver Stadium > TCF Bank everytime. The Minnesota's new stadium is beautiful but considering the poor atmosphere, due to lack-luster fans and a bad team, Beaver Stadium is much more appealing than "The Bank."

JoePa? I dunno. I'd kind of like to get someone more experienced in here.

When I saw the title of the thread, I just assumed he died.

I don't know about JoePa...how about someone more familiar with recruiting in the state of Minnesota...maybe John Gagliardi?

Why does everyone seem to assume that the sons of great coaches will also be great coaches? When has this actually happened?

Beaver Stadium > TCF Bank everytime. The Minnesota's new stadium is beautiful but considering the poor atmosphere, due to lack-luster fans and a bad team, Beaver Stadium is much more appealing than "The Bank."

I know Iowa isn't the greatest of schools in the Big Ten, but did you miss the humor in this post entirely?

I would have to find a press pass somehow to be in on every JoePa Tuesday press conference. When he'd state "I am scared to death of South Dakota this Saturday," it wouldn't be just typical JoePa coachspeak.....he'd mean it.

I agree....this should be a destination job, not a stepping stone one.

Why does everyone seem to assume that the sons of great coaches will also be great coaches? When has this actually happened?

I'd say John and Jim Harbaugh are doing alright for themselves.

I know Iowa isn't the greatest of schools in the Big Ten, but did you miss the humor in this post entirely?

I thought the Joe Pa part was a joke but so many people on this forum act like TCF Bank is one of the best stadiums in the country when it reality it is still near the bottom of the big10. Yeah, it is a new and a quality facility but it only holds 50,000 (plenty of empty seats in the last two games) and the atmosphere is mediocre at best compared to Iowa, OSU, PSU, Mich, Mich St, Wisky.

I thought the Joe Pa part was a joke but so many people on this forum act like TCF Bank is one of the best stadiums in the country when it reality it is still near the bottom of the big10. Yeah, it is a new and a quality facility but it only holds 50,000 (plenty of empty seats in the last two games) and the atmosphere is mediocre at best compared to Iowa, OSU, PSU, Mich, Mich St, Wisky.

You're an idiot. I have yet to see a groundswell of posts comparing our atmosphere to the other schools. I think everyone knows that the stadium isn't where it needs to be in that department. The key is that the facilty is no longer a detriment, and that this was a joke thread.

You're an idiot. I have yet to see a groundswell of posts comparing our atmosphere to the other schools. I think everyone knows that the stadium isn't where it needs to be in that department. The key is that the facilty is no longer a detriment, and that this was a joke thread.

Name-calling really makes you look intelligent. Good luck against NU!

Back up your claim then. When did a groundswell of people on this board start saying that TCF has one of the best atmospheres in the country? Nobody has said that. TCF is a nice facility, it is beuatiful, it is 100x better than the dome, but nobody has said that the atmosphere ranks with the best in the country like you are suggesting.

Gee, right when I thought the condescending PapaHawk was gone, he returns with a straight face in a joke thread. I was just about to start a thread about TCF having the best atmosphere in the country, too. Good thing I read this first.

Top Bottom