Joe Paterno taken off respirator, near death

CBS may have screwed that up!

I thought they fired Dan Rather?

I guess the PSU folks were right. JoePa is a god................"and on the first day he rose from the dead."

Officially dead this time. But Rob Lowe needs to report it.

It's terrible that his last months had to be marred in controversy. He was probably the greatest coach of all time and as far as i can tell he was just as great as a person. This is a sad day.

there will never be another.. very sad how the whole world turned against a great man without ever getting to hear the whole story. I pray for his family. words can't describe how unfairly this guy has been treated the last few months. He's had more hatred expressed towards him than sundusky.. pretty f'd up

there will never be another.. very sad how the whole world turned against a great man without ever getting to hear the whole story. I pray for his family. words can't describe how unfairly this guy has been treated the last few months. He's had more hatred expressed towards him than sundusky.. pretty f'd up

Unfairly treated?:confused:

People have been acting like JoePa is the one that raped the kids.

I think a lot of people were reacting to those who seem to defend him no matter what. Many people were more outraged at his "unfair treatment" than the fact that kids were allegedly being raped under his watch.

No, they have not. Compare and contrast the reaction toward Paterno and the reaction to Sandusky. They are quite different.

I hate going down this path so close to his death but.....any child who was molested after Penn State officials (insert appropriate names here) were alerted a but chose to keep it in house; those officials share a large portion of the blame in the raping of said child.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to surmise that Penn State was aware of Sandusky's "taste" for young boys prior to his surprised retirement. He should have never been in a position in 2001 to rape a child in a Penn State locker room.

Look, I'm willing to play like I'm incredible stupid and not comment on Joepa's interview were he stated that he didn't know "one man could rape another man?" But unfairly treated? Really? Getting suspended in the NFL (costing you tens of thousands) because you got free tats in college for giving
your own stuff away; that's unfair. Getting fired and folks getting pissed at you because you participated in the cover up of child rape....isn't unfair.

Paterno, great man who did a tremendous amount good but who also participated in one of the most if not the most despicable incidents in the history of college football. That how I will remember him. A good man who did something really bad.

"Paterno, great man who did a tremendous amount good but who also participated in one of the most if not the most despicable incidents in the history of college football. That how I will remember him. A good man who did something really bad."

This really has nothing to do with college football. This is about a horrendous criminal act someone perpetrated against an innocent child(ren) where those who knew did not do enough to protect him (them). Paterno was god almighty at Penn St. and more than anyone had the power to do something about it and he didn't. No amount of good will undo the bad. That, as a result, is his legacy.

"Paterno, great man who did a tremendous amount good but who also participated in one of the most if not the most despicable incidents in the history of college football. That how I will remember him. A good man who did something really bad."

This really has nothing to do with college football. This is about a horrendous criminal act someone perpetrated against an innocent child(ren) where those who knew did not do enough to protect him (them). Paterno was god almighty at Penn St. and more than anyone had the power to do something about it and he didn't. No amount of good will undo the bad. That, as a result, is his legacy.

I can't argue (nor do I want too) against that.

I can't argue (nor do I want too) against that.

I regret if I came across as dissing you (just wanted to separate college football from the crime itself but I already said that). I think you made some good points such as "Getting fired and folks getting pissed at you because you participated in the cover up of child rape....isn't unfair." I should have included your entire post.

Top Bottom