never 'goes for it'
puts the fear of God into no one.
never come thru in the clutch
never put their teams on their backs and carry them
never inspire
gutless
unwatchable
losers

while i'm frustrated with mauer and the twins, like you are. I think comparing him to adam weber is not fair. To either of them.

local
mild mannered
nice guys
great son-in-laws

dull
hides from challenges
avoids the spotlite
never 'goes for it'
never inspire
gutless
unwatchable
losers

You never know what you're going to see on Gopherhole. Wow.

while i'm frustrated with mauer and the twins, like you are. I think comparing him to adam weber is not fair. To either of them.

If Weber was as good at football as mauer is at baseball we would of been in 2 rosebowls by now. Mauer only 3 batting titles as a catch, and a mvp! Weber=Punto minus his great defense.

Don't EVER give Webber that much of a compliment.

If Weber was as good at football as mauer is at baseball we would of been in 2 rosebowls by now. Mauer only 3 batting titles as a catch, and a mvp! Weber=Punto minus his great defense.

joes batting titles = Adams all-time Minnie passing completion %
joes gold gloves = Adams top ten all-time big10 passing yardage
joes last two games = Adams last two games (losses)
stats = losers

joes hitting = adams passing ( dink/dunk )
long ball = missing

oh.. and both are slow footed... maybe that finally ties it all together for ya'll.

hhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa....you are high son...i am mad about mauer's production right now, but i know he's still a boss

If Weber were the player Mauer is, he'd have won a Heisman. Since that's about as likely as me getting elected king of the universe, I'd say you're on crack.

local
mild mannered
nice guys
great son-in-laws

dull
hides from challenges
avoids the spotlite
never 'goes for it'
never inspire
gutless
unwatchable
losers

comic_book_guyCOMPUTER.jpg

Worst Post Ever.

You are so far off. If Weber was among the best during the season, and bad during bowl season you would have a point. Adam is less than spectacular in both phases. Im not an all out Weber hater just because he is our best option, but I'm not a huge fan of the guy

joes batting titles = Adams all-time Minnie passing completion %
joes gold gloves = Adams top ten all-time big10 passing yardage
joes last two games = Adams last two games (losses)
stats = losers

I hate anyone who thinks stats don't matter, especially in team sports. Stats are just as much a reflection (if not more) of your overall accomplishments on the field as championships are, especially when in a team environment. By that logic you must think Mark Madsen is a better forward than Karl Malone. After all, Madsen has more championships. Pure Idiocy.

IF

How about this? First I had the thought what if Mauer played quarterback for the Vikings next year? Then I thought...no wait...what if Mauer played quarterback for the Gophers? He's eligible.
(isn't he?) We might actually go to the Rose Bowl.

I'm down on Joe for not hitting in the clutch, not making big plays, not carrying the team...all that but he's still pretty good. To put him and Weber in a comparison is really cruel. Mauer is 100 times the quarterback Weber is. Remember: college people and several coaches at Cretin say he was better in high school at football as a quarterback than baseball. I saw him play both several times and I don't think it was close. He was pretty special as a high school quarterback. Led Cretin to the state tournament in basketball....could have been selected Mr Basketball if he wasn't Mr Everything Else.

Morneau was the guy who got big hits for the Twins. His presence helped Joe. Now he's exposed.

his point is that both of them are ANTI-clutch. They never take the money when we need to make someone pay. Weber is a loser and until Mauer actually does something in the post season so is he.

Adam Weber's ineptness aside, I think the criticism of Mauer is valid. This "feel-good" "underdog" Twins BS has gone far enough. It's not a small-market franchise anymore. This new ballpark (even before it was completed) is making the organization money hand over fist.
For as much money it now costs to attend a game, and for as much as Mauer is about to make, I think fans deserve a little more than what we've seen in the postseason. An 11 game playoff losing streak is not acceptable, and the team's high-profile guys need to be held accountable.
If he were in New York, Chicago, Philly or LA, Mauer would be getting crucified.

What i would have liked to see

is Mauer give Wendlestadt a piece of his mind last night. Show some damn fire.

hitting 300 with scratch singles .... at some point if he is truly to be labeled great he needs to perform in the clutch. With the game on the line who do you want at the plate on the Twins roster

here would be my order of people I most would want at the plate with game in the balance

Morneau (when healthy)
Delmon
Thome
Kubel
Cuddy

somehow Mauer drops to my number six - doesn't mean I would rather have anyone else catching for us, just not clutch when it counts

While the twins need better at bats from Mauer, they also haven't been able to get runners on base for him. Based on the nature of the sports it is difficult to compare the two. If Mauer was a pitcher I think you could make a comparison.

local
mild mannered
nice guys
great son-in-laws

dull
hides from challenges
avoids the spotlite
never 'goes for it'
never inspire
gutless
unwatchable
losers

Dumbest. Post. Ever. And I'm serious. There could never be a dumber post made on this site or any other.

hitting 300 with scratch singles .... at some point if he is truly to be labeled great he needs to perform in the clutch. With the game on the line who do you want at the plate on the Twins roster

here would be my order of people I most would want at the plate with game in the balance

Morneau (when healthy)
Delmon
Thome
Kubel
Cuddy

somehow Mauer drops to my number six - doesn't mean I would rather have anyone else catching for us, just not clutch when it counts

Sorry dude, but you just lost ANY credibility that you may have had, when you list Kubel as someone you'd want at the plate.....he's batting about .100 for his career in the postseason, and has struck out about 50% of the time.

Mariano Rivera up on the mound, we've lost the first two games at Yankee stadium, who put the ball in the seats for a grand slam...game on the line.

If we must make silly comparisons......

local
mild mannered
nice guys
great son-in-laws

dull
hides from challenges
avoids the spotlite
never 'goes for it'
never inspire
gutless
unwatchable
losers

I'd say Adam Weber is more like Adam Hauser (Gopher Hockey). Most fans hated on Hauser, but stats wise he was one of if not the best we ever had.

The Gophers won national titles with Hauser in goal. The Gophers don't win squat with Weber at QB.

not like Hauser- I like Mauer, just needs to step up when it counts. If he doesn't want to be a verbal or emotional leader at least he could produce in the clutch when it is needed most

This thread is my nominee for worst of the year. Comparing Joe Mauer with Adam Weber??? Under no circumstances can these two be compared. One is a top 5 player in the world and one is a losing QB on a losing Big Ten team. One has led his team to multiple playoff games and been named the best player in that league and one has done absolutely nothing.

Just stop with the reaches.

Top Bottom