Joe Burrow Says OBJ Cash Was Real

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Well, well, well...

It probably was real. He's probably that stupid.

Just make the players announce that they gave it back, roll your eyes, and move on. (they'll still get the money later, via a bagman. It's the SEC. They cheat, end of story.)

So at this point, we have LSU saying the money was 'fake', and we have Joe Burrow saying it was real cash.

Someone here is not telling the truth, and on a matter of importance.

— I can't think of any obvious reason for Burrow to lie.

— I think there are quite a few reasons for LSU to shade the truth, and some are pretty obvious.

Oh, but don't worry... LSU is going to 'investigate'.

Gotta love the SEC!

It was real. LSU knows it was real. they have backpedaled and now said it appears that the money may have been real and are working with the NCAA. nothing is going to happen from any of this

So, LSU initially claimed the money was fake. Now they're changing their story.

I would like to hear LSU explain the discrepancy. Was their initial 'investigation' a bit... shoddy? Who originated the (false) claim that the money was 'fake', and why?

It probably was real. He's probably that stupid.

Just make the players announce that they gave it back, roll your eyes, and move on. (they'll still get the money later, via a bagman. It's the SEC. They cheat, end of story.)
Well his eligibility was exhausted, so...

No I mean OBJ is probably that stupid. It doesn’t matter, they’re not going to do anything.

He's not stupid, he doesn't care. Probably helps his brand.

Yep, sad that kids idolize the idiot. At least none of the LSU players did the OBJ dog urination thing after a TD (to my knowledge).

So, LSU initially claimed the money was fake. Now they're changing their story.

I would like to hear LSU explain the discrepancy. Was their initial 'investigation' a bit... shoddy? Who originated the (false) claim that the money was 'fake', and why?
It was just coach speak

I don't know if OBJ is stupid or not, but what he did was, in fact, the epitome of stupid.

As far as his 'brand' (God, I hate corporatese jargon) is concerned: if he's building a 'brand' with a following consisting of mouth-breathing morons, then, yeah... it probably 'helps his brand'. Hurrah.

Think it is definitely more him not caring then him being dumb. Whole thing is a non-issue, players will give back whatever money they got and just get it through other means later the way it is usually done.

Think it is definitely more him not caring then him being dumb. Whole thing is a non-issue, players will give back whatever money they got and just get it through other means later the way it is usually done.

Maybe. But I think there's a chance you've underestimated this thing.

College football carefully cultivates a certain image. Of course, people 'in the know' are savvy to the truth: the 'image' is completely bogus. A mirage.

Nevertheless, the NCAA takes itself very seriously, and seems to put quite a bit of stock in maintaining this facade of 'amateur' athletics.

A brief, viral video, shot live as it happened on the sidelines after their big championship television event, is all it takes to emphatically blow that image right out of the water. It makes their little 'illusion' pretty much impossible to swallow. Large denomination bills, being blatantly and openly handed to players in wads. On the sideline. Immediately after the championship.

Wow!

Will the NCAA meekly stand by, and allow this to situation to stand as is? I doubt it. How can they? They've already failed dismally at trying to keep a lid on the whole thing. Now, surely there will have to be some kind of indignant, hollow 'show of discipline' administered to... somebody. Somebody relatively innocent, preferably.

Round up a few lackeys for 'punishment', perhaps? That's my guess.

Last edited:

Maybe. But I think there's a chance you're underestimated this thing.

College football carefully cultivates a certain image. Yes, yes; people in the know are savvy to the truth — the image is completely bogus.

Nevertheless, the NCAA takes itself very seriously and seems to put quite a bit of stock in maintaining this facade of 'amateur' athletics.

This short video blows that right out of the water, and makes their little 'illusion' pretty much impossible to swallow.

Will the NCAA meekly stand by, and allow this to situation to stand as is? Surely there will be some kind of indignant, hollow show of 'discipline' administered.

Round up a few lackeys for 'punishment', perhaps?

LSU may get some minor slap on the wrist but will be shocked if this comes to anything more than that. It was a dumb move on OBJ's part as he certainly knew there would be cameras all over him out there.

LSU may get some minor slap on the wrist but will be shocked if this comes to anything more than that. It was a dumb move on OBJ's part as he certainly knew there would be cameras all over him out there.

I don't know him, but he seems to be an attention-seeking narcissist. The attention is squarely on him, and that makes him happy. That's all he appears to care about. It isn't about LSU winning The Big Game... nope.

It's about OBJ. It's always all about him, no matter what.

Maybe we're all being punished. For some reason, we're all being forced to shave a planet with this knucklehead.

Hopefully his 15 minutes of fame is almost up now. He definitely appears to be 'wearing out his welcome', as guys like him always seem to do.

I can picture him, a few years from now, broke and wondering where it all went wrong. So unfair!

Ah, but, then again.... the kids like this kind of thing. Perhaps he'll become a reality TV star. Or an internet sensation.

An alternate take: If he only handed money to players that had completed their eligibility or intend to declare for the draft the rules do not even apply. Maybe OBJ's "performance" wasn't stupid, but instead a deliberate attempt to stick it to the NCAA.

An alternate take: If he only handed money to players that had completed their eligibility or intend to declare for the draft the rules do not even apply. Maybe OBJ's "performance" wasn't stupid, but instead a deliberate attempt to stick it to the NCAA.

I belive he handed them to other players too.

Also OBJ even if some sort of performance art / making a point ... why go and do it and steal the spotlight from your team winning a natty and fire up all these investigations / make it about him / now the coaches and players have to answer all these questions and stuff.... still seems like an asshole move.

I belive he handed them to other players too.

Also OBJ even if some sort of performance art / making a point ... why go and do it and steal the spotlight from your team winning a natty and fire up all these investigations / make it about him / now the coaches and players have to answer all these questions and stuff.... still seems like an asshole move.

Sure he probably thought he was being funny but yeah, clearly a "look at me" move on OBJs part when the focus should have been on the players and coaches for winning the game.

OBJ has always come across as someone very interested in fame and attention and this was a great opportunity for him to go out and get some air time.

Do you know for certain the rules no longer apply? My understanding is the rules apply until they are no longer on the team, nor on scholarship.

I was worried that paying the players or letting them receive money for endorsements, would just lead to the helmet programs boosters passing out cash to players.

I guess I didn't even anticipate it would happen right on the field. I guess I under-reacted.

Top Bottom