jim wacker

Thunderstruck

Reaction score
go ahead and rip me due to my low posts, but wacker just rolled over in his grave.

go ahead and rip me due to my low posts, but wacker just rolled over in his grave.

Weber would have broken every record last year if Wacker was the coach. Our defense would been even worse though.

Our defense would been even worse though.

Hard to say that after giving up 300 net yards rushing on 28 carries. I cant even do that on "easy" playing Madden.

I won't rip you. Tonight in my section they actually got up a chant of "bring back Wacker"

The truly scary part is that I got the impression it was only half joking.

Glen Mason killed himself today only so he could roll over in his grave, to hide his boner.

I won't rip you. Tonight in my section they actually got up a chant of "bring back Wacker"

The truly scary part is that I got the impression it was only half joking.

I want to rip my section if I may: Section 142-rows 15-1: You people suck-you really do. Try clapping or standing once in a while. I'm not the biggest rah-rah guy, but I actually stand during third downs on defense. I stand and clap during big plays of offense. I also stand during the National Anthem-you dolts didn't. You people suck.

I want to rip my section if I may: Section 142-rows 15-1: You people suck-you really do. Try clapping or standing once in a while. I'm not the biggest rah-rah guy, but I actually stand during third downs on defense. I stand and clap during big plays of offense. I also stand during the National Anthem-you dolts didn't. You people suck.

Definitely noticed a lot fewer people standing on third downs tonight. Even more troubling, the boos were largely replaced with laughter in section 135.

Even if Brewster hasn't lost the team, he's clearly lost the fans. Wake me in 2011.

The inevitable comparison: Brewster and Wacker

I remember watching Wacker lose a lot of games but I don't remember him having a losing record against 1AA teams. The worst part is watching 1AA and MAC teams simply line up and clobber the Gophers. No trick plays, no big runbacks, no terrible officiating, no huge turnover differentials; just two teams lining up and playing basic football and the better team winning. It is embarassing. I remember going to games against Big 10 heavyweights when Wacker was coach and knowing the Gophers had virtually zero chance to win. That is still better than what we have now. I would prefer those days than what we have now, which is watching the Gophers lose to 1AA teams and MAC teams AND knowing Big 10 slaughters are in the offing. And if nothing else Wacker's teams weren't as fricking BORING as Brewster's teams. Getting slapped around by 1AA teams and MAC teams is as low as this program has ever been, and I didn't think it was possible to go any lower than the Wacker era.

The worst part is watching 1AA and MAC teams simply line up and clobber the Gophers. No trick plays, no big runbacks, no terrible officiating, no huge turnover differentials; just two teams lining up and playing basic football and the better team winning. It is embarassing.

My wife and I discussed exactly this. The worst thing is the losses to USD and NIU can't be blamed on some flukey turn of events. Both teams straight up beat us. NIU beat us in all phases of the game. Offense, defense, special teams.

Must conclude we are simply bad. Can't even say we are unlucky. Just plain BAD.

the boos were largely replaced with laughter in section 135..

That's because fans have lost their minds watching this team over the years. I had family in town from down south at the game tonight and they were in shock over some of things they saw. After sometime I explained to them how this team isn't normal and this fan base isn't normal. We're somewhat of a crazed twilight zone of sorts when it comes to college football. They recommended the U should provide mental health counseling on site for games lol....not a bad idea.

Top Bottom