Jim-my Gje-re Hats Off to Thee!

Handsome Pete

Wartime Hero Fool
Reaction score
Here's to one of the nation's top offensive tackles: a Minnesota boy who knows who loves him. Signing day is going to be sweet with the likes of Gjere and, the good lord willing, James Louis. Instant offense, the both of them.

Yeah, amidst all of the Seantrell drama, we really haven't given nearly enough love to Gjere.

Hats of to thee, Jimmy! Looking forward to you holding down the OL for the next four years.

Jimmy will redshirt. But still can't wait to see him on the field.

agree

100 percent agree. I was going to start a thread saying the same thing!

Jimmy's my favorite Gopher's recruit no matter what happens tomorrow.

Even though it might be a couple of years, I am really looking forward to seeing Jimmy anchor our O-line. It's gratifying to see a highly ranked in-state recruit jump at the chance to play for his hometown squad. RAH!

Thank you for posting this! With all the SH commotion, I think Gjere's early commitment was almost forgotten. This kid is a 4 star - that was dying to be a Gopher. He committed early, and was very sure. He's a smart, good kid, that happens to be a fantastic player. For the 2010 class, I pick him to make the biggest impact down the road. Welcome, Jimmy!!!

I'm looking forward to the signing day event tomorrow - to hang out with my boys, and celebrate the guys that chose us, not sulk over the ones that didn't!

I am a Gopher fan (and somewhat on the fence about Brewster), but I think it is an incredibly positive sign that us Gopher fans are somewhat taking Lamonte Edwards and Jimmy Gjere for granted. These guys could have played almost anywhere in the country and they have chosen the U and stayed committed (either one of these guys would have MADE our classes in the past).

I am pumped about Gjere being part of the Gopher family and can't wait to watch him the next few years. Good luck Jimmy and all of the Gopher recruits!

I am a Gopher fan (and somewhat on the fence about Brewster), but I think it is an incredibly positive sign that us Gopher fans are somewhat taking Lamonte Edwards and Jimmy Gjere for granted. These guys could have played almost anywhere in the country and they have chosen the U and stayed committed (either one of these guys would have MADE our classes in the past).

I am pumped about Gjere being part of the Gopher family and can't wait to watch him the next few years. Good luck Jimmy and all of the Gopher recruits!

My bad - I forgot to mention Lamonte Edwards! We are getting the #2 and #3 kids in the state! :clap:

+1 - Nothing of note to add to your statement.

Go Gophers!

To Jimmy and Lamonte, thank you for choosing the Gophers and your home state. I wish the both of you great success in school and on the field.

Lets not forget about JD Pride who will be a Gopher. And the walk-on Bak from SE Minnesota. Welcome aboard guys.

One part of my dreaming of bookend tackles scenario. Can't wait for him to develop!

Top Bottom