Jim Leonhard staying in Madison

I mean in a long time of good teams wisconsin has had one really high level performing QB and it happened to be a 6 month rental (Wilson)

Go back a little further to Tolzien in 2010?
The last time they had home grown high level QB play.
2010 is a long time ago

It’s like Bart Houston if Bart Houston went 14/15 for 13 touchdowns in his first career start
Yeah they rarely get a good 4 year starter. I don’t think they have ever had a qb like tanner that was around for that long. I can’t remember who was the qb on the 13-1 team in 17. Possibly hornibrooke?

Yeah they rarely get a good 4 year starter. I don’t think they have ever had a qb like tanner that was around for that long. I can’t remember who was the qb on the 13-1 team in 17. Possibly hornibrooke?
I think hornibrooke was no better than Mertz

Good 2017 but 15 interceptions
Lost his job to Coan and transferred
Coan transferred when he lost job to Mertz

They should’ve developed a guy instead of making them worse

I think hornibrooke was no better than Mertz

Good 2017 but 15 interceptions
Lost his job to Coan and transferred
Coan transferred when he lost job to Mertz

They should’ve developed a guy instead of making them worse
No doubt. There quarterbacks seem to have a good year then flop. I remember stave being pretty good and then he got the yips and was never the same. It’s like a black hole for quarterbacks to play.

No doubt. There quarterbacks seem to have a good year then flop. I remember stave being pretty good and then he got the yips and was never the same. It’s like a black hole for quarterbacks to play.
It’s really odd how they’ve done it. I don’t remember who was before hornibrooke but to bench a guy who was really productive for Coan only to bench Coan shortly thereafter is really odd.

Meanwhile Coan threw for 3200 yards 25 touchdowns and 7 interceptions
Notre dame was 11-2 and finished top 10 (and beat wisconsin LOL)

It’s really odd how they’ve done it. I don’t remember who was before hornibrooke but to bench a guy who was really productive for Coan only to bench Coan shortly thereafter is really odd.

Meanwhile Coan threw for 3200 yards 25 touchdowns and 7 interceptions
Notre dame was 11-2 and finished top 10 (and beat wisconsin LOL)
Kind of a microcosm of the whole quarterback situation. After how it was left with coan I couldn’t help but get a chuckle out of him pulling that win out. Maybe if they let Mertz develop under coan he would have been better. We will never know.

Kind of a microcosm of the whole quarterback situation. After how it was left with coan I couldn’t help but get a chuckle out of him pulling that win out. Maybe if they let Mertz develop under coan he would have been better. We will never know.
Ideally Mertz will transfer to Iowa.
Beat wisconsin. Lost to Minnesota

How in the world can anyone possibly know what Leonhard needs, at this age and at this stage in his life, to "not have to work"? Nobody has the foggiest idea. Some people just can't help themselves from counting other people's money....

Maybe his wife spends like a drunken sailor, maybe he likes luxury cars and huge houses and multiple places in the world. Maybe he wants to provide for a variety of friends and family members so that they never have to struggle as much. Whatever, I guess? Cracks me up when people feel the need to make that comment....
Or how does anyone know he wants to be HC? He just saw favorite son PC get run out of town. Why not be comfortable for life as DC? Especially since he has plenty of cash 🤣🤣🤣

Benching Coan for Mertz really was the downfall. Mertz would've been the starter this year anyway, but maybe Chryst still has his job.

I was wrong, Some Day, and I'm man enough to admit it. I was operating under the premise that Fickell isn't an idiot. This is catastrophically stupid and has his tenure on rocky footing before he's coached his first game. There are now inherently two factions in the sconnie camp - one loyal to Leonhard and one who is/will become loyal to Fickell. In that sense, this is a great hire for the Gophers and I'm happy that Fickell is a moron.
You were not wrong

You also said there was no way that Leonhard would stay. So there’s that. Ever heard of collaboration?
I have heard of that.
You were right, I was wrong. He stayed for about 30 days longer than I thought he would.

Top Bottom