Jim Leonhard joins Illinois as Senior Football Analyst

Kind of surprised he didn't get a head coaching job. Must be waiting for just the right spot.

Tbh, this move makes sense. Good spot for this season as he gets ready to become NW new HC next season.

Kind of surprised he didn't get a head coaching job. Must be waiting for just the right spot.
Not sure why people see him as a great Hc hire if the place he has spent the majority of his coaching career don’t see him as that.

Tbh, this move makes sense. Good spot for this season as he gets ready to become NW new HC next season.
Very possible
Also possible it’s a good move. Rumor is he doesn’t want to leave Madison for family reasons.

Illinois is a place that’s an easy weekend trip. Analysts aren’t allowed contract with players anyways. He can be an analyst from his house 4 days a week if he wanted.

Not sure if it will be NW, but I think he gets an HC job somewhere soon, assuming he wants one.

Not sure if it will be NW, but I think he gets an HC job somewhere soon, assuming he wants one.
I saw someone say he didn't want to move his family...so NW is practically the only HC position that he could maybe do without moving his whole family.

Not sure why people see him as a great Hc hire if the place he has spent the majority of his coaching career don’t see him as that.
I'm just going off what everyone said for years about how he was the greatest football mind in history. Granted, they were probably Sconnies saying that.

I'm just going off what everyone said for years about how he was the greatest football mind in history. Granted, they were probably Sconnies saying that.
Some of the greatest football minds aren’t good head coaches and are better suited to be assistants

I have no idea if he would be a great head coach. Wisconsin obviously didn’t think he would be.

Nice to see the Badgers fans (hopefully) ruin any reunion chances with all of them turning on him for going to Illinois

Some of the greatest football minds aren’t good head coaches and are better suited to be assistants

I have no idea if he would be a great head coach. Wisconsin obviously didn’t think he would be.
Jim Leonhard reminds me of Tracy Claeys. They are both great football position coaches. Can they both run the entire football enterprise?

PJ Fleck is a personification of a coach with CEO skills to run and manage football operations efficiently and effectively with Mark Coyle and still be a decent head
coach.

Jim Leonhard reminds me of Tracy Claeys. They are both great football position coaches. Can they both run the entire football enterprise?

PJ Fleck is a personification of a coach with CEO skills to run and manage football operations efficiently and effectively with Mark Coyle and still be a decent head
coach.
Hard for me to compare the two without knowing either on a personal level but I see what you’re saying.

I would be more surprised by Claeys being a head coach than Leonhard (but a large part of that is due to age)

Hard for me to compare the two without knowing either on a personal level but I see what you’re saying.

I would be more surprised by Claeys being a head coach than Leonhard (but a large part of that is due to age)
Tracy Clays did bring a bowl win with a 9-4 win.

Tracy Clays did bring a bowl win with a 9-4 win.
When the guy had a one year deal with zero buyout (I could be wrong) I would consider that an interim coach without the title

Leonhard had a recent hip replacement and is a wealthy young man who has a connection to 2Bs.
It is a great interim job that pays enough, and keeps him in college football while his kids grow up, and until he decides what he wants to do the rest of his life.
I doubt if his taking the job will induce much enmity among WI fans.

I saw someone say he didn't want to move his family...so NW is practically the only HC position that he could maybe do without moving his whole family.
That’s a tough job that just got tougher. He could always go to the MAC.

Very possible
Also possible it’s a good move. Rumor is he doesn’t want to leave Madison for family reasons.

Illinois is a place that’s an easy weekend trip. Analysts aren’t allowed contract with players anyways. He can be an analyst from his house 4 days a week if he wanted.

I had it right, just inverse

Top Bottom