Jim Harbaugh to the NFL? Again?

Cobra

former west banker
Reaction score
It sure looks like he's gone. The bigger drama is who will replace him at Michigan?
Surely it won't be PJ Fleck...
BWAHAHAHA!!!

It sure looks like he's gone. The bigger drama is who will replace him at Michigan?
Surely it won't be PJ Fleck...
BWAHAHAHA!!!
I still think it's only 50/50 he's gone. Unless you've seen something I haven't.

I still think it's only 50/50 he's gone. Unless you've seen something I haven't.
Would imagine it’s the broncos rumors, but I agree with you. Had a ton of steam last year as well and he came back

Maybe the NCAA actually investigating something made him reconsider :)

It's always fun to be the prettiest girl in school, all the boys chasing you. Harbaugh definitely likes the courting stage of a relationship. Although in this case, Sean Payton is likely just as hot a commodity, or hotter, than Jimbo.

Reported here he interviewed with the Panthers and they do not want him.

So is this just Harbaugh's agent playing everyone, for the second year in a row?

And the media more than happy to go along for the ride, as they know these stories are guaranteed click machines?

He is certainly unofficially interviewing. There has to be a point where if you're Michigan, you just move on from him.

I actually think he's a really good coach but you can't go through this every off season.
I don't know....Michigan is probably willing to put up with a lot if he keeps beating Ohio State and getting to the CFP. Once he stops doing those things the NFL flirtations might get old pretty quick.

You're probably right. Beating Ohio State probably does cure all for UM.
Yeah, on the flip side you can have a guy like Ryan Day on a lot of fans hot seat because in spite of the massive amount of success Ohio State has had in recent years they have back to back loses to Michigan and have come up short for the National title.

He is certainly unofficially interviewing. There has to be a point where if you're Michigan, you just move on from him.

I actually think he's a really good coach but you can't go through this every off season.

I think Jimbo legitimately has strong interest in coaching in the NFL again, soon. Big time college football coaching has become more and more of a shitshow with NIL and the portal, and more importantly. NFL owners are showing they have no problem elevating HC salaries to $15M, $20M and beyond.

Harbaugh wants the right situation, including a ton of player/roster control I'm guessing, and he can afford to wait it out for the right landing spot for him.

It's always fun to be the prettiest girl in school, all the boys chasing you. Harbaugh definitely likes the courting stage of a relationship. Although in this case, Sean Payton is likely just as hot a commodity, or hotter, than Jimbo.
Yeah, why take a possibly cheater college coach when you can take a confirmed cheater pro coach?

FWIW - considering that the Gophers do have an assistant coach named Harbaugh (spelled the same but pronounced differently) - it might be nice on threads like this to specify Jim Harbaugh.

as I have said before, I had some limited dealings with Jim Harbaugh when he was playing for the Bears, and I was working for a radio station where I covered the Bears' training camp. Back then, Harbaugh came off as a pretty normal guy - especially compared to some of the characters on the Bears' team at that time. He was always pretty cooperative with me - and I was some nobody working for a local radio station.

obviously, people can change - and he certainly seems different than I perceived him back then - which was over 30 years ago.

FWIW - considering that the Gophers do have an assistant coach named Harbaugh (spelled the same but pronounced differently) - it might be nice on threads like this to specify Jim Harbaugh.

as I have said before, I had some limited dealings with Jim Harbaugh when he was playing for the Bears, and I was working for a radio station where I covered the Bears' training camp. Back then, Harbaugh came off as a pretty normal guy - especially compared to some of the characters on the Bears' team at that time. He was always pretty cooperative with me - and I was some nobody working for a local radio station.

obviously, people can change - and he certainly seems different than I perceived him back then - which was over 30 years ago.
Harbaugh is a football coach and players seem to love him. He doesn't like dealing with AD's and Front office people is what I gather from all his stops. He has won everywhere he has gone. He took a pay cut and provided another run to the playoffs. I don't think he is what is wrong with College or Professional football in the least. He just seems to ware out with his leadership/bosses.

Would imagine it’s the broncos rumors, but I agree with you. Had a ton of steam last year as well and he came back
I think the Broncos prefer Sean Peyton, but the compensation the Saints demand might scuttle that. I have to think the Colts would come after Harbaugh too, but they're a bit dysfunctional and he might not be interested.

I think the Broncos prefer Sean Peyton, but the compensation the Saints demand might scuttle that. I have to think the Colts would come after Harbaugh too, but they're a bit dysfunctional and he might not be interested.
He played for the Colts. No idea how he got along with the Irsays back then.

You think they should pay him tens of millions to go away? Lol

When you said sooner or later they’re going to have to move on from him. Right now the way how would be to buy him out
Yeah, I wasn't suggesting that they fire him. I was suggesting it might be in their interest, at some point sooner rather than later, to call his bluff and not give in to any of his contract demands. If these flirtations really are being used to drum up contract extensions/raises, at some point you might just say no.

There is zero percent chance he gets fired by Michigan any time soon (barring something unforeseen off the field issue).

Jim Harbaugh ‘a top candidate’ with Denver Broncos after interview​

Jim Harbaugh has reportedly wrapped up his virtual interview with the Denver Broncos and emerged as “a top candidate” for their head-coaching vacancy, according to a Tuesday morning report.

NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reports that the Michigan head coach spoke to the Broncos’ ownership group for more than two hours on Monday, kicking off their search for a new head coach after the firing of Nathaniel Hackett on Dec. 26.

Top Bottom