Jim Burr

Minnesconsin fan

Reaction score
Wasn't Jim involved in a couple of fiascos last year in the Big East? is that why he got the Gophers game last night?

he must have been 50 when he started reffing back in '96. Statsheet.com doesn't list an age but he doesn't move very quick -- I loved the out of bounds on the baseline by the Barnyard call that he made from about in front of Tubby. The ref that was 8 feet away from the play looked more surprised than anyone.

I also liked the foul on the logo/gopher barely within shouting distance.

Ha, Burr and his crew did get a lot of heat in the Big East tourney... they "voluntarily withdrew" from officiating the remainder of the Big East tourney last year (i.e., they were not allowed to work any more games in that tourney after the St. John's / Rutgers game).

But.. it was just a Big East tourney thing... he's back refereeing a lot of Big East games (and some Big Ten games) again this year.. actually did the Marquette game in Milwaukee on Monday of this week.

I believe he's 142 years old.

Ha, Burr and his crew did get a lot of heat in the Big East tourney... they "voluntarily withdrew" from officiating the remainder of the Big East tourney last year (i.e., they were not allowed to work any more games in that tourney after the St. John's / Rutgers game).

But.. it was just a Big East tourney thing... he's back referring a lot of Big East games (and some Big Ten games) again this year.. actually did the Marquette game in Milwaukee on Monday of this week.

GW, if I told you once I've told you a million times, stop exaggerating. :)

Can't Hold A Candle to His "Dad"

Old Ironside himself . . .

ironside-raymond-burr.jpg

Jim Burr has been officiating games for farther back than 1996. He certainly didn't start his career then. Statsheet only goes back to '96. He was doing games in the 80s.

But.. it was just a Big East tourney thing... he's back referring a lot of Big East games (and some Big Ten games) again this year.. actually did the Marquette game in Milwaukee on Monday of this week.

Refereeing. I believe we are even now.

Jim Burr has been officiating games for farther back than 1996. He certainly didn't start his career then. Statsheet only goes back to '96. He was doing games in the 80s.

When Eddie Hightower was bald!

Top Bottom