Jeter leaving?

This sucks, but you can't blame him. Get coach Mo here ASAP.

Get out before the house burns down.

Wyoming just added Sundance Wicks as an assistant. He's dynamic and will be a D1 head coach soon. He would've been interesting here. Wonder if there are any DII or DIII coaches that'd be willing to come here as an assistant.

Wyoming just added Sundance Wicks as an assistant. He's dynamic and will be a D1 head coach soon. He would've been interesting here. Wonder if there are any DII or DIII coaches that'd be willing to come here as an assistant.

Is that the same “Sundance” that played for Northern State years as go?

Of course, he may just be the target and that can come from Western Illinois and not him. I have to be honest, I don't really get it for many of the reasons above. He's a good coach who could get a job like that or better almost any time he wanted it.
The Titanic is sinking here. What's not to understand?

The Titanic is sinking here. What's not to understand?
Jesus dude calm down. Let’s see where our roster is at the start of next year before we go full titanic. We heard it was sinking when Ben and Kimani left too. Good staffs and bad have coaching turnover. When one leaves for a promotion it’s a good thing.

Next season gonna be bad. Losing assistant coaches does not help.
Well if I'm not mistaken the world was about to end when ben johnson left and that ended up being ok. Now were losing another coach, but we'll be gaining one soon too. Just assuming we cant get a coach like Jeter? Typical gopherhole, pushing panic button 8 months before season starts.

Well if I'm not mistaken the world was about to end when ben johnson left and that ended up being ok. Now were losing another coach, but we'll be gaining one soon too. Just assuming we cant get a coach like Jeter? Typical gopherhole, pushing panic button 8 months before season starts.
Last time we upgraded in coaches imo. No reason it couldn’t happen now again. I do think it will be a little harder to find, but no doubt we can get someone good. Big Ten asst jobs are considered to be good even if this “ship” is sinking.

Last time we upgraded in coaches imo. No reason it couldn’t happen now again. I do think it will be a little harder to find, but no doubt we can get someone good. Big Ten asst jobs are considered to be good even if this “ship” is sinking.
[/QUOTE
I agree! Theres good coaches out there and a jump to the big ten would be appealing to alot of coaches.

I guess I liked what I saw with my eyes: night-and-day better footwork and technique than in past years. Oturu stayed out of foul trouble, while Lynch was never able to.

The problem I saw was inconsistency, and the tenacity came and went. I really do think you need a coaching staff that insists on consistent effort, beyond just showing guys how it's done.
Agree.

Makes me feel old. I saw Jeter play in college at UW-Platteville under Bo Ryan. In fact, I was standing and watching a game. Guy standing next to me had this huge ring. I realized it was Bob Jeter - Rob's dad and a member of the Packers' Super Bowl teams under Lombardi. Not a dude you would mess with.

Those were some incredible teams. Full-court press as vicious as any I've ever seen. other teams had trouble just getting the ball over half-court.

UWP would put on the press, get a steal and a quick fast-break basket, then do it again, and roll off a 10-point run in a heartbeat.

it was all up-tempo and pressure. Needless to say, not exactly the style Bo played by the time he got to Wisconsin.
If you post on the football board you better be careful who you say that to, thems fightin words!

It will be interesting to see who he gets to replace him. I would think its coming soon

Looks like Jeter was the main Walton recruiter. Not ideal but shouldn't rule us out.

Jeter must either want to run his own show very badly, or he thinks Pitino is on thin ice. Western is one of the worst jobs in the Summit, and Western just lost 4 of its best players. Hopefully he can work some portal magic or he’ll go 2-14 in conference again. Western IL has had some talent, but players have been departing too often, like Coby Webster just leaving for NE. Bad town and terrible fan support, but lots of nfl alumni over the years like Rodney Harrison, Bryan Cox, etc, etc.

Top Bottom