Jesus gets all of the breaks.

tikited

Me
Reaction score
N.D. wins again with help from above? Maybe just from the terrible ref's. Stanford got jobbed.

That wasn't the only play, in the last two minutes, that Stanford got jobbed on.

Definitely the right call; there was no conclusive evidence to overturn it. Looked to me the ball may have been loose before goal.

If you can't punch it in 1st and goal at 4 and 2 tries inside the 1, you don't deserve a win

Wrong first off.

Above: Has nothing to do with making the right call.

They also decided not to review the 2nd and goal play, which the player clearly scored.

The last two minutes of that game were an embarrassment to reffing.

How was the 2nd down run not ruled a touchdown?

How exactly do you think it was a TD? Never went over the line.

As for the remainder of this thread, the referee was already ruling the ball dead and running to the pile way before he tried reaching the ball over and that was while he was still twisting and turning and going sideways for 5 seconds. He got stopped, pure and simple. It is called beast mode. Take all of that into consideration and the play was still inconclusive.

The referees were even PAC 12 officials.

As for the remainder of this thread, the referee was already ruling the ball dead and running to the pile way before he tried reaching the ball over and that was while he was still twisting and turning and going sideways for 5 seconds. He got stopped, pure and simple. It is called beast mode. Take all of that into consideration and the play was still inconclusive.

Nope.

Yeah, the ref was attempting to call the play dead WAY to early. Should have been overturned, no question.

Yeah, the ref was attempting to call the play dead WAY to early. Should have been overturned, no question.

He got stone walled. The players stopped on the play when the refs started running over. 4 times from the 3 and you can't put it in. You don't deserve to win. No rushing to td's allowed through 6 games .

He got stone walled. The players stopped on the play when the refs started running over. 4 times from the 3 and you can't put it in. You don't deserve to win. No rushing to td's allowed through 6 games .

Some are arguing they put it in twice out of 4, so in that case, they would deserve to win lol. I thought it was a clear TD myself.

Another instance of Jesus getting all the breaks (from one of the best shows no one ever watched):

You don't stop playing until the whistle blows. The ref stopped paying attention way too early. The runner was not down, kept playing, and should have been credited with the touchdown. This has nothing to do with "deserve". These are the rules of the game. Integrity took a bullet in the foot today.

I don't know how you can't say his momentum wasn't stopped there. You see plays blown dead like that all the time. It's not like he was slowly making his way towards the end zone. He was literally stopped for a good two seconds, which means the play is over. Heck, I just looked at it again and he was actually driven back about 1/2 yard first.

And this is coming from someone who hates Notre Dame.

You don't stop playing until the whistle blows. The ref stopped paying attention way too early. The runner was not down, kept playing, and should have been credited with the touchdown. This has nothing to do with "deserve". These are the rules of the game. Integrity took a bullet in the foot today.

If that's the case, then when a player is driven back 5, 10, even 15 yards, the refs should not blow the whistle if the ball carrier "keeps playing". The fact is his momentum was stopped for an extended amount of time, and he was even pushed back a little bit. It happens all the time in football.

I don't know how you can't say his momentum wasn't stopped there. You see plays blown dead like that all the time. It's not like he was slowly making his way towards the end zone. He was literally stopped for a good two seconds, which means the play is over. Heck, I just looked at it again and he was actually driven back about 1/2 yard first.

And this is coming from someone who hates Notre Dame.

I just watched it again also. he gets knocked back, but if you are using that as the definition, then there's a ton of plays that should be blown dead like any time that a player hits someone and gets stopped but then regains himself and goes forward (like Kirkwood does almost all the time at the end of runs). it should've been a td call imho due to the fact that he is still twisting and moving his body forward after the initial contact. so i'd say the ref made the call prematurely and it should have been overturned. just my call.

the calls leading up to that... uffda did stanford get jobbed on several of them.

hahahahahha. so am i supposed to factor in the "beast mode"-ness of the play to make the call? if its inconclusive let the game go on and quit making such crappy calls on the field.

I just watched it again also. he gets knocked back, but if you are using that as the definition, then there's a ton of plays that should be blown dead like any time that a player hits someone and gets stopped but then regains himself and goes forward (like Kirkwood does almost all the time at the end of runs). it should've been a td call imho due to the fact that he is still twisting and moving his body forward after the initial contact. so i'd say the ref made the call prematurely and it should have been overturned. just my call.

the calls leading up to that... uffda did stanford get jobbed on several of them.

It's one thing to be stopped or pushed back for a split second, but to me it looked like he was stopped cold for a good 2 seconds, before he made that last push forward.

There are plays that are called dead like that all the time, they just aren't replayed and reviewed like this one because it wasn't a 4th down play in OT.

Just have to agree to disagree I guess.

I also watched it again, with my stopwatch. From when he seemed "stopped" until he kept moving was at best 8/10 of a second. Joke all around. 40% of yards wouldn't be gained if we stopped plays when players were upright but stopped for .8 seconds.

If that's the case, then when a player is driven back 5, 10, even 15 yards, the refs should not blow the whistle if the ball carrier "keeps playing". The fact is his momentum was stopped for an extended amount of time, and he was even pushed back a little bit. It happens all the time in football.

We are not talking about 5, 10, or 15 yards. We are talking about less than a yard on a fourth down in an OT game. I didn't see momentum stopped for long enough to call the play dead and the runner was not wrapped up by any means which is usually when they would consider calling a play like this dead. The fact is, the ref didn't have a very good view of the play and should have been paying closer attention.

No TD. Ball was loose before he got to the goal line, loose ball into the end zone. Touchback, ND ball, game over.

Except the fumble was recovered by Stanford. TD.

There was no fumble. The ball is dead when it breaks the plane, which it did.

If he had fumbled before breaking the plane, the ball may not be recovered forward, in other words, if it was indeed a fumble, and Stanford recovered, the ball would be placed where the fumble occurred rather than where it was recovered.

If he had fumbled before breaking the plane, the ball may not be recovered forward, in other words, if it was indeed a fumble, and Stanford recovered, the ball would be placed where the fumble occurred rather than where it was recovered.

If the ball is fumbled by the offense and goes into the end zone, it is indeed a dead ball, but it is a touchback and a turnover. This is what happened.

If the ball is fumbled by the offense and goes into the end zone, it is indeed a dead ball, but it is a touchback and a turnover. This is what happened.

No. It was fourth down, thus the end of the game. It is only a touchback if it is fumbled through the end zone, i.e. no player recovers it. If the player did not score (he did) and fumbles into the endzone and it's not 4th down, and a Stanford player recovers it, the ball is placed at the point of the fumble, not the recovery.

Also this:

S5eDO.png

Top Bottom