Jersey Change

alaska

Reaction score
Any chance we can get an overhaul on our jerseys. I have not liked them since we started wearing them. The thin appearing top looks really dumb I think. Just overall below average. Thoughts?

The only thing I like about the place is the floor. Should blow the rest up.

Bring back the Unis from the Michael Thompson to Trent Tucker era!

I'm cool with Maroon with gold lettering (gotta be light enough to really stand out!), Black with gold lettering and White with Maroon lettering. Not a big fan of the white floor, but it doesn't bother me as much as it seems to bother most.

If you will please change the floor back, you can wear whatever jersey you want to.
Floor looked way better this past season with the Maroon around the outside. Was terrible when they just had the thin line for out of bounds with the same color on both sides.

Don’t need to heat the barn. Heating Coyle’s moved from TCF to under the floor—which is why it is raised up now. It wasn’t like that before.
So will TCF still have any Coyle's? Or just the Barn? I always felt a little warmer at cold weather games knowing they were there.

So will TCF still have any Coyle's? Or just the Barn? I always felt a little warmer at cold weather games knowing they were there.
Common knowledge says the coyle’s were removed from TCF because they were too expensive to run

Any chance we can get an overhaul on our jerseys. I have not liked them since we started wearing them. The thin appearing top looks really dumb I think. Just overall below average. Thoughts?
Existential thought:
Is there equivalence in having all new players in existing jerseys, to having existing players in all new jerseys? 🤔

P1Hlt0f.jpg

I think we win more in the white jerseys, but that's just me. Somebody must have the stats.

White - Minnesota (Back to the 60's), there were 2 teams in the mid-60's that would make the tourney if they allowed multiple teams from a conference. Cazzie Russell's Michigan teams won the conference by 1 game in 1964 & 2 games in 1965.

Gold - Golden Gophers (Back to the 70's), the high point of the program.

Those should be the home unis.

Don’t need to heat the barn. Heating Coyle’s moved from TCF to under the floor—which is why it is raised up now. It wasn’t like that before.
I heard they are doing a renaming of Williams Arena to the Coyle's Center. Bids were submitted and the winner paid $11.01.
It may not go through though because of protests. Rumor has it that Coyle has graciously agreed to defer and it will become Ben Johnson Arena instead. Look for that announcement around the start of the season for a big ticket selling campaign to cash in on the momentum slowly ramping up for our Gopher basketball program in 2021-22.

How about adding face of goldly to a special uni, along the line of the FB team helmets. That would sell like hotcakes. Switch it up every year.

OK. Now you guys have done it. You have set me off. When I watch Gopher Sports on TV (I live 900 miles away), I often see red. I hate red. It reminds me of the Badgers and I hate the Badgers. I get angry seeing some of the gopher uniforms on TV. They are not school colors (gray, black, navy blue, etc.) or they project drab with a distant camera (all maroon = all black). All uniforms should have at least some gold because we are the Golden Gophers. Combinations of Gold and Maroon are good. I remember the football program bragging about the dozens of color combinations of their uniforms. They only need combinations of gold, maroon, and white. The Gopher Men's and Women's hockey teams do it right. They wear gold helmets and when you tune it, you instantly know which players are the Gophers. Sadly, some teams wear white head gear. Some teams wear black shorts or pants, which should be eliminated, and white jerseys or tops, which means there are no school colors. Gold can be flashy on TV. All maroon is too dark on TV and not attractive. Let's display school colors prominently on all uniforms. Let's be consistent so that we show our brand and the nation knows our brand. There, I feel better.

Existential thought:
Is there equivalence in having all new players in existing jerseys, to having existing players in all new jerseys? 🤔
Let's just have the entire team play in their transfer uniforms like an old all star game to show the history of how the squad came together

Top Bottom