Jerry Palm again

restovich

Reaction score
New Bowl Projections are out, based on yesterday's slate of games. Jerry Palm STILL has us going to the Pinstripe Bowl in NYC. Essentially, that means he is predicting that we would lose to both Iowa and to Wisconsin, and fall behind them and behind Purdue and Illinois in the overall end-of-season Bowl pecking order.

I have to say it would be sweet to just take care of the teams to the south and to the east, and let the chips (and the Bowl berths) fall where they might......I've psted elsewhere that i went to the Music City Bowl in Nashville in 2002. Fin time and the Gophers defeated Arkansas......

Last edited:

I don't like Palm but he's probably not the only pundit with that perception. Right now our best win is 5-5 Michigan State. At this point, we're like the Duke of the Big Ten (they're also 7-3 with a weak schedule). You're right. We have to beat at least one of the remaining teams to move up in the bowl pecking order. If we beat one, we might be moved up to Duke's Mayo. Beat two and we're probably in the Music City.

can't say i disagree with what he's saying at all based on what we've seen with Iowa looking like they're rallying and Wisconsin being on the road.

Top Bottom