Jerry Kill's & Staff's Press Conference at Noon Today (9/29/15)

Jerry Kill's & Staff's Press Conference at Noon Today (9/29/15)

Hopefully we get some confirmed answers about Calhoun. College always bugs me about how injury information is always withheld.

Fans knew about how severe Roethlisberger's injury was within a couple hours. We're going on day 4 and all we have is Burns saying he won't need surgery.

Hopefully we get some confirmed answers about Calhoun. College always bugs me about how injury information is always withheld.

Fans knew about how severe Roethlisberger's injury was within a couple hours. We're going on day 4 and all we have is Burns saying he won't need surgery.

On the NFL side you can attribute a lot of that to fantasy football. The NFL knows how important that is to their brand. College is much more protective of medical information.

We'll probably hear some general stuff but Kill rarely says what a specific injury is and a timetable.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

We'll probably hear some general stuff but Kill rarely says what a specific injury is and a timetable.

Yeah, outside of a season-ending injury we probably won't get much info. Maybe I missed it but didn't we just hear was Travis' injury was and that was like 3 weeks ago.

Did anyone see a replay of Calhoun's injury? I missed it.

Jerry Kill's &amp; Staff's Press Conference at Noon Today (9/29/15)

He seems to be very selective. He tells us that the one linemen is playing bone on bone in his knee and that Christiansen is going to be out 4 weeks. He was pretty detailed with KJ Maye too.

He seems to be very selective. He tells us that the one linemen is playing bone on bone in his knee and that Christiansen is going to be out 4 weeks. He was pretty detailed with KJ Maye too.

And then every spring we hear about some guy that nobody knew was hurt last year like Hank Ekpe

No luck again for me today. Just getting the "You're Watching" screen with the clock

Not sure what's up with that.

We need to complain to somebody since I can get all the other press conferences but not Minnesota's!:mad:

P.S. It did finally come on about 8 to 9 after 12.:confused:

So sounds like we really caught a break with Calhoun. If we can pull this NW game out and get healthy by Nebraska it would be fantastic.

Wolitarski is fine too it looks like. Still don't know if Pirsig is okay though. No word on Poock either.

Never mind. Looks like Poock is going to play through a rib injury and Pirsig came back in the 2nd half last week.

[URL="[/URL]

Could Limey be going Yogi Berra on us? LOL!

Interesting Coach Z is up in the box now because they have enough confidence in Weber to handle the QB'S on the field. I think that's a good sign all around.

That was fun. I missed the beginning of JK's portion, but was glad to hear Claeys doesn't seem panicked about playing short-handed. Looks like the injury situation isn't good, but could be worse.

The biggest thing I liked was Limegrover's description of our last drive and Mitch checking down to Smith (from his own EZ, BTW) for a big play to get us going. Cobb had some key plays for us last year in the passing game, but his value was getting all those tough yards after contact, and making the most out of the running game without great blocking. It's a small sample, but I think Smith may be a bigger homerun threat in the passing game.

On the NFL side you can attribute a lot of that to fantasy football. The NFL knows how important that is to their brand. College is much more protective of medical information.

More has to do with gambling on the NFL than fantasy football.

So for those the conference ended up working for, where are we at on each injury, based on what was shared? Thanks!

More has to do with gambling on the NFL than fantasy football.
They're hand in hand now. You've probably never heard of them, but there are daily fantasy leagues now via DraftKings and Fanduel that are huge, huge business.

Not sure why this bugs you so. No rule he has to tell us and actually no reason he really needs to tell us anything.

Interesting Coach Z is up in the box now because they have enough confidence in Weber to handle the QB'S on the field. I think that's a good sign all around.

Who coaches the O Line during the game if Limey is up in the box and is also the O Line coach?

Really think we need to separate these duties.

So for those the conference ended up working for, where are we at on each injury, based on what was shared? Thanks!

Wolitarsky is fine.

Johnson is questionable but sounds closer to doubtful.

Travis is out.

Calhoun is questionable, but it doesn't sound serious. Probably won't play Saturday either.

Poock will play through a rib injury.

Hardin is questionable but also sounds closer to doubtful.

Pirsig is fine.

Christensen is still out. Should be back in a couple weeks if the 4 week estimate is accurate.

Bjorklund still playing on a bum knee.

Ben Lauer still a question mark with a broken hand.

I think that's everyone? We'll probably be missing a good chunk of guys on Saturday, but I think it's realistic to think most people will be back before Nebraska and for sure by Michigan.

Top Bottom