Jerry Kill's plan for fixing Rutgers offense: 'Run the same damn play over and over'

Except Maryland isn't good. I believe that you have referenced F/+ ratings here before - Maryland is 63. Even after the ****show that we trotted out last Saturday, we are 36. It was an inexcusable loss, especially at home.

As an aside, using advanced statistics, we are better-to-much better than 5 of the remaining 8 teams that we play, and in a virtual tie with Michigan State, who we play at home. There really is no excuse to be any worse than 4-5 in the conference. And, if we had handled Maryland like we should have, we'd have a very good shot at 6-3 or even 7-2. But winning games in 2021 (when Fleck might not even be here) is more important than winning games in 2017.

Michigan 8
Wisconsin 11
Michigan St. 35
Minnesota 36
Iowa 40
Nebraska 41
Northwestern 61
Maryland 63
Purdue 71
Illinois 102

I forget, but does F/+ take into account S&P+ #'s? I usually am a closer follower of those than F/+. Anyways. You like our chances against Purdue on the road Dpo? Not being a jerk, just generally curious. :)

All you need to know is that the Oakland A's used computers in the movie Moneyball and the raft of World Series trophies they have accumulated since is proof positive that the computer is right.

All you need to know is that the Oakland A's used computers in the movie Moneyball and the raft of World Series trophies they have accumulated since is proof positive that the computer is right.

I would say the fact that most other teams in MLB use similar strategies now proves what they were doing was right.

I forget, but does F/+ take into account S&P+ #'s? I usually am a closer follower of those than F/+. Anyways.

F/+ is a combination ranking - the two inputs are S&P+ and FEI.

You like our chances against Purdue on the road Dpo? Not being a jerk, just generally curious. :)

I did before last Saturday. I really, really liked our odds of going 7-0. I am very disheartened by P.J.'s constant talk of sacrificing the present to aid the future, which is absurd on its face and a way to lower expectations for a staff and roster who don't need them lowered. I honestly feel like he didn't even try to win last Saturday, which is sad for fans and the seniors.

Now, if I had to put money on it, I would expect us to lose tomorrow, lose against Michigan St., and beat Illinois by a closer margin than we should. I'm expecting 4-3, hoping for 6-1, and pining for 7-0.

Except Maryland isn't good. I believe that you have referenced F/+ ratings here before - Maryland is 63. Even after the ****show that we trotted out last Saturday, we are 36. It was an inexcusable loss, especially at home.

As an aside, using advanced statistics, we are better-to-much better than 5 of the remaining 8 teams that we play, and in a virtual tie with Michigan State, who we play at home. There really is no excuse to be any worse than 4-5 in the conference. And, if we had handled Maryland like we should have, we'd have a very good shot at 6-3 or even 7-2. But winning games in 2021 (when Fleck might not even be here) is more important than winning games in 2017.

Michigan 8
Wisconsin 11
Michigan St. 35
Minnesota 36
Iowa 40
Nebraska 41
Northwestern 61
Maryland 63
Purdue 71
Illinois 102

If you want to argue that Maryland is not a 'good' team, that's fair, but they are at least an average team. I like S&P better than F/+ as FEI's preseason's rankings factor in 5 seasons worth of data. This team is different from the last several seasons.

Even if we use just F/+, Maryland is far and away better than any other team we've played this season. Buffalo: 104, MTSU: 107, Oregon St. 110.

Are you worried about human bias?

I'm not sure what you're saying there.

I’m just saying that one of the main strengths of using a model to evaluate, rank, or make projections, is that it is free of bias. There are other strengths and certainly there are weaknesses,but the question was asked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom