Jerry Kill - The catalyst behind the athletic village

hungan1

Reaction score
When Jerry Kill said he's given everything he's got to the university during his resignation conference, I really got a sense that he really put his whole heart and soul, "every ounce" into making Gopher Athletics better for the student athletes, for the university.

He is a transformative leader - a visionary and a change agent in a school that was wanting for one for a long long time. Regent Johnson was all choked up when he spoke about him at the ground breaking.

The athletic village is truly Jerry Kill's legacy. Let's hope and pray that he nurses himself back to health. Once he gets his health back, I hope as many others do that he is engaged with the U in some capacity. He is a great man, and a teacher on how to live your life.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_29048266/umn-athletes-village-supporters-agree-no-bigger-backer?source=JBarTicker

He is a great man, and a teacher on how to live your life.

I agree with this, but with some nuance. I believe Jerry has been an inspirational teacher for others on how to run their lives, but in at least one way, he did not lead well by example.

Taking yourself off critically needed medication is a terrible idea. One might even compare it to studying less or cutting classes in order to focus more on football.

I have huge respect for Jerry, and wish he was still able to coach. He doesn't have to be perfect for me to maintain that opinion.

It won't surprise me if this great teacher uses his experience to both teach and provide an example for others on how to find the right balance in life.

I sure hope so.

Top Bottom