Jerry Kill Sued SIU... so what's the problem with Leach???

cfield23

Reaction score
I know complaining about Kill won't do anything... and I'm starting to warm up to the idea that maybe he'll pull a Gene Chizik and be great! Gotta stay positive! I hope Kill succeeds greatly....

HOWEVER,

We were all looking for that "Tubby Smith type hire" and I think it'd be safe to say Mike Leach would've satisfied that prerequisite....

Leach is suing TTU and ESPN right now...

Turns out Kill isn't too perfect in that regard...

As I was trolling around on NIU's board... I came across this... http://www.ncaabbs.com/showthread.php?tid=468083

Very interesting.

The difference is that Kill lost his case and Leach is going to settle both of his for big money.
Also Leach has a big mouth.

yup... there's NO way I don't hire Leach if I'm the AD... plain and simple... I bet we could have paid him less money than he deserves and he'd still coach just to get back into the game.

"Jerry Kill Sued SIU... so what's the problem with Leach???"

Jerry Kill didn't (allegedly) stuff Craig James' kid in a locker for (allegedly) being a whiny entitled snot? I don't know...

I know complaining about Kill won't do anything... and I'm starting to warm up to the idea that maybe he'll pull a Gene Chizik and be great! Gotta stay positive! I hope Kill succeeds greatly....

HOWEVER,

We were all looking for that "Tubby Smith type hire" and I think it'd be safe to say Mike Leach would've satisfied that prerequisite....

Leach is suing TTU and ESPN right now...

Turns out Kill isn't too perfect in that regard...

As I was trolling around on NIU's board... I came across this... http://www.ncaabbs.com/showthread.php?tid=468083

Very interesting.

He's actually opposite of Gene Chizik. Chizik was a guy with little experience and the experience he did have went horrible. Kill has 17 years of head coaching and has won at every place he's gone. Unlike Chizik going to Auburn, we hope Kill just shows us exactly what he has shown his other employers (except the door).

He's actually opposite of Gene Chizik. Chizik was a guy with little experience and the experience he did have went horrible. Kill has 17 years of head coaching and has won at every place he's gone. Unlike Chizik going to Auburn, we hope Kill just shows us exactly what he has shown his other employers (except the door).

I just meant the fact that a lot of Auburn fans were VERY displeased with Chizik and he's turned out pretty darn good... (even though having Cam Newton helps a lot)... Hopefully the fans that are displeased with the Kill hire will get the same end-result... WINS!

yup... there's NO way I don't hire Leach if I'm the AD... plain and simple... I bet we could have paid him less money than he deserves and he'd still coach just to get back into the game.

Funny - Colorado, Indiana, and Miami aren't going to hire him either.

They must know something.

Funny - Colorado, Indiana, and Miami aren't going to hire him either.

They must know something.

Well of course I don't know all of the back stories. I'm just saying... If a guy comes out and says he wants the job and he's got possibly the best offensive scheme out there, you hire him... make it a short-term deal if you're worried... or make it incentive-based...

Top Bottom